Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trying to choose..Net Jets, Options, Flex Jet...help?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILuvKittyLitter

Well, I'm looking to move on in my flying career and am trying to deciede the best move for me. I live in Detroit and like the idea of a Net Jets base here, but I am totally willing to move. Who has the best schedule? Who is happy? Who is not? Would any of you walk my resume in?..<lol> Just looking to my peers for help! I'm looking for a good place to work the rest of my days.

ILuvKittyLitter said:
Well, I'm looking to move on in my flying career and am trying to deciede the best move for me. I live in Detroit and like the idea of a Net Jets base here, but I am totally willing to move. Who has the best schedule? Who is happy? Who is not? Would any of you walk my resume in?..<lol> Just looking to my peers for help! I'm looking for a good place to work the rest of my days.

Who has the best schedule? With Options, you'll be on a "Flex" schedule. What does that mean? Beats us. They made it up to screw the new people. Don't count on it being beneficial though.

Who is happy? Not us.

Who is not? Us.

You couldn't live in DTW and work for us anyway. All newhires have to live in Tier 1 airports, ie. very busy airports. Like Nashville. And St. Louis. DTW doesn't count, neither does Vegas. Apparently they aren't busy enough.

But current pilots who smoke enough pole can live in places like Macon, GA and Tyler, TX. But that's a whole other story.

Alot of Options are bitter, I'm a great example. But good guys to fly with. Although you probably won't spend the rest of your days here. You'll want to get out of flying like alot of folks already have. Go work for the railroad. Better benefits and a much better retirement package.

Yeah, I held off on the ATP because it would be done with my upgrade, both being free. I'm making the reservation at AllATP as soon as I can. Don't get me wrong, I love the company I work for currently but the captain schedule sucks. I was willing to do it for a year as there is talk that it would change, which it has at our other base. I'm close for upgrade, but now there is talk that other Captains want to dual type which is gonna put the upgrade way off for me (we do upgrade training inhouse). I want to find a place to retire from....like that is possible..<lol> Thanks for you input!

Flexjet is hiring big time. Schedule is 6 on 4 off or 7 on and 5 off. If anything put your app in with [email protected]. Past 6 months have been very good for Flex. Talk to crews on the raod and they will give you an honest answer.

ILuvKittyLitter said:
I want to find a place to retire from....like that is possible..<lol>

I see you have "tongue in cheek" with that statement, which is a good thing. It is also good to have that goal. However, relatively few people these days will spend their entire career at one place of employment. It is good to review your situation every so often and continually try to position yourself for the next step. Many times relocating can give your career a boost.:)

"Schedule is 6 on 4 off or 7 on and 5 off"

So that's where NJA Management got the idea this would be a good schedule. Now the picture is a little clearer . . . I couldn't figure out why Management thought I would give up a 7&7 schedule for 6&4 for less than 2 more days pay more per month. Guess they thought that I couldn't do the math, guess 93% of us could.

I agree - go to Citation Shares or Flight Options. At least until we get this damn contract settled. You should benifit from our work at either outfit, both of their management has promised to match and exceed anything we get at NJA. Just hope their integrity is better than the management of NJA cause I have seen my share of empty promises. At least the starting pay is better at both outfits too.

As a recently departed Flight Options pilot, my recommendation would be to consider Citation Shares or Flexjet before FLOPS and NetJets at this time. FLOPS is in a bit of turmoil right now, both financially and with regard to pilot morale, and NetJets is in the midst of a labor dispute,which may or my not lead to a strike. The long-term implications of these situations remain to be seen. CS and Flexjet seem to be the most stable and harmonious right now. Of course, that could all change in a year or two, with FLOPS and NJ being the places to work and the other 2 going through their turn at turmoil. You need to look at which company is best suited to your needs and desires, and balance that with the long-term prospects of working there. No matter what, it's a bit of a crap-shoot.

Latest resources

Back