True Story, no joke....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ukcats said:
Your dumbass comment about people south of the Mason-Dixon didn't show much moderation. Before you belittle us southern folk with your confused, biased reteric, go spend the afternoon at the FBO in Teterhole, La Garbage, Providence, (insert any Northeast city). Now, go spend the next day at an FBO in Lexington, Atlanta, or Dallas. Tell me which has the nicest people, surroundings, and service. No contest. I would rather get poked in the eye with a stick than fly to the Northeast. People, service, and facilities are much better in the South. Think before you speak, jackass.

Who looks like more of a jackass? Me for speaking my mind or you for your uneducated response?
I didn't belittle you unless you fall into the category I spoke of. Do you? If not than I wasn't insulting you personally. Rather, I was showing that there are guilty parties on both sides of this debate. I live up north and work down south. I've spent plenty of time in LEX, ATL and Dallas. I don't need you to tell me what it's like. And FYI, I could say the same about the northeast or the midwest.
I'm neither confused nor biased. I'd rather spend time down south drinking sweet tea. That's why I choose to remain working for a southern company (ASA). Southern prople are far more friendly.
I was not putting all southerners down. Just the ones I described.

Thank you for an objective and intelligent response (sarcasm intended). I don't understand how anyone unaquainted with the South could think people down there are ignorant after reading a response like yours. I'm glad most Southerners aren't like you.

Did you see this....I bet not

In Jasper Tx it happened again. Remember when James Bird was drug around Jasper by 3 white men. Remember the public outcry and hatred. Remember every news agency and television news magazine reporting every angle possible. Well, its happened again, but the roles are reversed. This time it was a white guy who was drug to his death by three black men. And I'd be willing to bet that absolutely no one here has even heard of the incident (outside those that live in tx).

Is this not the definition of hate crime? Why haven't ABC, CBS and NBC aired one comment about the crime?

I'm sure its because they are a liberal media and this kind of violence doesn't fit into their "plans" for America. If they reported this crime and made national head lines out of it, what would happen to AA or hate crime bills? People would see that racism isn't a one way door. They would realize that all Americans are equally capable of these types of crimes.

Does equality fit into a liberal agenda?

NO!

They use divide and concur tactics to turn people in this country against themselves. Then, they claim to support every minority group so they will get all of their votes.

They also count on stupidity and poor educational systems to repress those that are minorities. Case in point, Bush suggests a plan to give anyone who attends a school that does not meet the national standards money to attend a private school. This would lead to better education for those who accepted the offer along with providing strong incentives to schools to improve their scores. But liberals lashed out, claiming it would be unconstitutional. A violation of Seperation of Church and State. By killing this bill they have kept many people down. Where are the worst schools? Where do minorities tend to live? The answer to both those questions is in the inner city.

Ok, I got off the point of aviation hiring, but its still loosely tied. Liberals use bills like AA to cause more tension between races. This allows them to continue to receive the minority votes. They in turn, pass more legislation that holds back the minorities. The best examples are well fair and food stamps. Once you are on those systems it is extremely hard to get off of them. The majority of americans on well fair are minorities and single women. And those are the people that vote for them the most. What is even more disgusting is that they make hundred's of thousands of dollars a year off of these people while they remain in poverty. Some "Great Society"

KSU-A,

through what media outlet did you hear that story? Do you have a link or a source? I'd like to get my hands on it. When did it happen?

Thanks

professionalism

IFF,
You continue to uphold the highest standards of professionalism (sarcasm intended).
Let it rest man. Go drink a Coke.

I heard of it on the Neal Boortz show. I've only listened to him a couple of times, not exactly a big fan. Any how, he is a Libritarian news talk show host and his web site is www.boortz.com

Unfortunately after searching on AOL for about 10 minutes I found absolutely no other articles pertaining to the crime.

So, ifly4food, my use of the words dumbass, and jackass, make my post unprofesional and unintelligent. I suppose your use of the word "Cracker" to describe people south of the Mason-Dixon line, and their feelings of pride about their history and culture, is eloquent and enlightened. You are a hypocrite. Affirmative action, the subject of the thread if I remember correctly, is opposed by a wide variety of people. This opposition is not confined by geographic bounderies. Your jab at people who are proud to be from the south, was irresponsible, and uncalled for. It had no bearing or relation to the subject of the thread. If this is the best you can do as "moderator", then maybe you should just turn off the computer, and go spend time with your family.

I too heard the story. It was reported on Dallas' #1 radio station WBAP, but it died quickly. It used to be on the Lufkin newspapers website, but I can't find it there now. www.lufkindailynews.com.

Come on down to South Florida, all we have here are a bunch of Newyorkers still trying to figure out why it is warm in January.

Latest resources

Back