Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

True or False: Focus Air starting a PFT 747 program.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GuppyKiller said:

Wow, a world-wide cargo carrier. How can they be a world-wide cargo carrier when they don't even have their op's certificate yet?

6 months of flight following and then 6 months of "other duties". I guess that includes cleaning out the trash cans and sweeping the floors for six months to make room for the next batch of lucky folks.

I guess that "rigerous" training in the MD-90 FTD/simulator is going to really prepare someone on how to sit sideways while working with steam guages.

I saw this posted earlier. It's gone now.

http://ihateerau.blogspot.com/

I don't know what the guy's beef is with the school, but it does make for some enterntaining reading.

All true, Focus Contact Info here!!!

I friend of mine interviewed with them last month for a dispatch gig, first they are not ready, still having problems with the MIA FSDO over manuals, second I was told by my friend, in order to do the job you had to be a trainer for the EMRU students teaching them to flight follow and dispatch, as well you had to dispatch the aircraft yourself using your license to release...all the aircraft (2) are to be overseas stations to NYC turns...Also you had to be the crew scheduler!..of course you had time because you had to do this on a 4 day 12 hour a day shift...and all for the merry sum of $30,000 a year....

Here is the contact information:

The DO is Greg Vanek 954-332-2618 ext 309

The Ops mgr. is Vip Nath 954-332-0545
email: [email protected]

Company Address is: 750 SW 34th St suite 201 FLL 33315

Over looks the Northern runway across from the terminal, next the hangar where the Miami Dolphins acft are hangared...
As for the "Ab-neato" classes, yeap all true for the kiddies, they work there for free as part of their class work....

Good luck ....

Last edited:
You must face the facts whether you want to or not. Embry-Riddle graduates are a completely different product than a 500 hour CFI who has only been knocking around the pattern with overweight 40 year old lawyers. We are trained as AIRLINE PILOTS from the beginning. If you have only instructed or flown freight you probably are not ready for the panel of a 74. But an Embry-Riddle graduate IS. Those are the facts. Like it or not.

MR

ERAU2GIA said:
You must face the facts whether you want to or not. Embry-Riddle graduates are a completely different product than a 500 hour CFI who has only been knocking around the pattern with overweight 40 year old lawyers. We are trained as AIRLINE PILOTS from the beginning. If you have only instructed or flown freight you probably are not ready for the panel of a 74. But an Embry-Riddle graduate IS. Those are the facts. Like it or not.

MR

I've flown with ERAU grads who were sharp, and I've flown with ERAU grads who were hopeless...What you state as "facts" is merely your opinion. An arrogant opinion with little to back it up in my experience.

ERAU2GIA said:

MR

Careful now. Were you aware that smoking crack is disqualifying, at most carriers?

If you have only instructed or flown freight you probably are not ready for the panel of a 74. But an Embry-Riddle graduate IS.
Run Forest! Ruuuuun! :eek:

Minhberg

Whoa!!! Everyone take a deep breath--count to 10!!

I would take Mr. ERAU's post with a HUGE grain of salt.

Calls himself ERAU, registered in April with one post to his name and the one thread he responds to is this one.

Give me break.

Latest resources

Back