Trouble at IBT747

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
me +

EFCA doesn't apply to RLA industries. (not that your ridiculous insinuations about EFCA are true, anyway)
yea you are right me and a majority of congress. This is a dead issue

In-house unions are even more worthless than the IBT. For pilots, ALPA is the only way to go, despite its faults.
Is that right! Hmmmmmmmm....:erm: Why then are Southwest Pilots and UPS Pilots some of the Highest Paid Pilots in our industry with great working environments? They both have in-house union's! Your Pro-ALPA, always have been and always will be. Thats great if it works for you and are happy with them. There are pro's and Con's to both, but ALPA is not the answerer, salvation or the second coming of Christ, for our industry. They are just another money hungry entity that does not give a damn about you or anyone else they, "Supposedly", represent. That of course is my opinion and I know yours is different that mine.

SWAPA is successful because of SWA management, not because of SWAPA. Any union can be successful with benevolent management.

The IPA is only marginally successful, in my opinion. Their contract lags behind the FDX agreement considerably, and the management structure that they have that allows hundreds of non-seniority management pilots is atrocious and was not even addressed by the IPA in their last contract.

But most importantly, independent unions have no say on the national or international stages, and that is where the real progress is made. If you don't get any respect in Congress, with the President, or at ICAO, then you're never going to make any true progress for the profession, and none of the independents get any significant access to any of the above.

SWAPA is successful because of SWA management, not because of SWAPA. Any union can be successful with benevolent management.

The IPA is only marginally successful, in my opinion. Their contract lags behind the FDX agreement considerably, and the management structure that they have that allows hundreds of non-seniority management pilots is atrocious and was not even addressed by the IPA in their last contract.

But most importantly, independent unions have no say on the national or international stages, and that is where the real progress is made. If you don't get any respect in Congress, with the President, or at ICAO, then you're never going to make any true progress for the profession, and none of the independents get any significant access to any of the above.
PFT...I know you and Rez love to play "Let's compare FedEx to UPS"

How many management pilots does FedEx have compared to those at UPS?

You mention "real" progress happens in congress. Is that where Payraises come from? Is that where schedules come from?

I guess the independents like IPA, APA, and SWAPA will have to go along with their decent pay and benefits while not having their representation in congress. Ooops, don't want to leave out Skywest, either.

But please...keep telling your "brothers" at Mesa, Pinnacle, and United that the REAL progress for the profession lies in congress.

By the way, why did you ever leave you're promised land at Pinnacle? Inquiring minds want to know.

But now they've embraced ComuteAir, Colgan, Capital Cargo, Evergreen along with a few more north of the border.

Good enough for AirTran and the above mentioned airlines but not good enough for the Great Lakes pilots I guess.:confused:

I have a friend at Colgan who was on the unionizing commity and I pleaded with him to piss on the IBT, which they did!!!!

I can't get on the local website. Am I represented? Do I still have to pay dues? Will they be prorated? Will our future new hires still get a couple of slices of pizza in exchange for their hard earned dollars?

I can't get on the local website. Am I represented? Do I still have to pay dues? Will they be prorated? Will our future new hires still get a couple of slices of pizza in exchange for their hard earned dollars?

There is a thread on RP.org. in the EXCO Messages forum. The EXCO is using that to communicate since local747.org gives a 404 error.

You are still represented and the contract is still in full force and effect. The executive council and all the committees are still operational.

Waiting to hear from the Airline Division about new leadership since the Executive Board has been removed.

And yes, you still have to pay your dues. RAH is still IBT.

Finally some movement! As a Great Lakes organizer, "you're welcome" for the wake-up call sent to the IBT. Hope this is the beginning of a new day for all those under the 747 umbrella.

Latest resources

Back