• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trickle down economics and the airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trickle down works when the money stays in the country, but that isn't the case anymore.

Our GDP is collapsing and the money that once flowed to the American house holds now goes abroad. We are exporting our wealth at an alarming rate.

It is time to stimulate the base, spend on domestic projects to electrify our economy. But most important of all that I think the generations below me do not understand; we have got to improve our standing on the global stage. Powell nailed it, the Republican base does not understand the new age of thinking, it is time for a new idealogy to get this country running again.

I am 57 years old, I have never voted for a Democrat but I am about to because we are in trouble, serious trouble.

This sums it up nicely but seemed to get lost in the mudslinging.
It's time the people who buy the airline tickets get a break and not the execs, who sometimes do create jobs with the tax breaks but more often seem to pocket the money for themselves and the shareholders.

Trickle down economics is a scam cover up for the true intention of greed.

When businesses cut jobs or wages following a downturn they are not giddy to increase costs as soon as they start making money.

McCain wants to help his corporate buddies get richer at the expense of the middle class, the true people that make the whole economy turn.

McSame, No Millionaire left behind, etc...the list goes on.

There's nothing wrong with being rich and achieving the American dream. But when you start using unethical tactics to take more away from those that work hard to pad your already fat pockets there is something very wrong with that.

United's managment is making MUCH more than CEOs at the most profitable airlines in the world like Singapore and Cathay. That is flat out wrong.

The US corporate system is completely corrupt and filled with greed. People in this country are getting sick of it. Its time for a change.

Indeed.... Well said.

Unlike the majority of the Republican party...

Do you have any data to back that up?

http://philanthropy.com/free/articles/v19/i04/04001101.htm

In Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism (Basic Books), Arthur C. Brooks finds that religious conservatives are far more charitable than secular liberals, and that those who support the idea that government should redistribute income are among the least likely to dig into their own wallets to help others.

Gee what a surprise. Democrats are very willing to give away MY money, not their own.

Your right that it isn't simple. We could go back and forth all day cherry picking whatever we think supports any position you want to take. Talking about money is especially emotional for some.
I just think it's a good idea to try and spur the economy by putting more money in the pockets of the consumers and not trying to make a few very rich and hope they will create jobs. There is a LOT of greed and self serving behavior in the upper income brackets. The whole world is paying for it.

No offense, but as I read through this thread and others that you have posted in, I see that you are completely ignorant of how the economy works. It's pretty scary. It makes me really scared for our country that there are idiots like you out there that think you are more intelligent than the rest of us. I'm truly scared and worried. Educate yourself please. You look like a fool.

No offense, but as I read through this thread and others that you have posted in, I see that you are completely ignorant of how the economy works. It's pretty scary. It makes me really scared for our country that there are idiots like you out there that think you are more intelligent than the rest of us. I'm truly scared and worried. Educate yourself please. You look like a fool.

Hey its Milky... the academic....

Have you read a newspaper lately... Seen Alan Greenspan?

Thank you! I'm flattered my posts stand out. I have to wonder why you think I think I'm smarter than anyone else here. I just post my opinions like anyone else, my belief is that's how a forum should work. Everyone post's their beliefs as best they can and we are all adult enough to make up our own minds. But if it sounds like I think I'm smarter than anyone else, my apologies, it's my writing skills that are lacking. I really don't think I'm an economic genius. But I am a registered voter, so the discussions here are important and relevant. That said Obama and the team they have assembled ARE smarter than you and I combined, so I trust what they have to say.
Seems to me plenty of other people agree with my basic premise that trickle down economics has it's flaws and perhaps it's time to start giving the tax breaks to the people buying the airline tickets to spur the economy rather than depending on the companies to "trickle down the savings" to the consumer. It don't all trickle down dude.

Latest resources

Back