Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kilroy

http://www.filecabi.net/v
I see Travolta's 707 inbound BTR curious of what his actual mission his. Nice to see an acto or singer do some good with there money instead ridiculious racilal comments

<squeaky little high pitched voice>

HI! I'm John Travolta, this is my BOEing 707, and to quote one of my favvvvvvvvvvvvvorite movies, <high pitched squeaky arnold accented voice> "Come with me if you want to live."

kilroy said:
I see Travolta's 707 inbound BTR curious of what his actual mission his. Nice to see an acto or singer do some good with there money instead ridiculious racilal comments

I flew into BTR today. Saw Travolta doing his own walk-around. Saw a few others with him, but nobody I recognized. Our station manager said he brought Oprah in for a visit...and a bunch of volunteers to help the folks still underwater.

He departed just before we did (about 1800L). That 707 smokes!

The place was packed with helos and a single C-17 carrying a FEMA "command center" van out. (Huh? The crisis is over?)

We flew a load of doctors from New Zealand, Italy, France, and England in, along with several EMT's.

We took out a load of "refugees" bound for the West Coast. Lots of folks in wheelchairs.

How many wheelchairs did youc all for in-range??

And did they all show up on time??

Sorry...couldn't resist!

We're trying to get some emergency crews into Covington, LA (just north of Lake Pontchatrain). Anyone know the best airport with at least a 5500' strip that's operational? I'm looking at KHDC (Hammond Northshore Regional). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

HMR

Biatch5 said:
How many wheelchairs did youc all for in-range??

And did they all show up on time??

Sorry...couldn't resist!

Ha! Good one!

1. We called for 7.
2. Two "pushers" showed up.
3. F/O pushed two. I pushed two. An exhausted EMT volunteer we brought back pushed 1.
4. Agent asked one of the "refugees" where he was headed, and the poor guy said, "Someplace called 'Portland'. I hope it's dry there!" (gulp!)

Travolta was not wearing a uniform. It looked like jeans and a khaki shirt. He was the only one acting like a pilot in the group. The rest were just gawking at him. Me? I was looking for Kelly...

04L is 6,900' long, and that 707 hopped-off around midfield. Probably Oprah's leg...

He actually went to MSY from there, then back to Ocala later in the evening. I was bored at work and was watching the traffic on Flight Explorer.

Latest resources

Back