• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travolta in BTR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know anything about Travolta, but I've always wondered why he tools around in that 3-hole beast (707) when a 1st gen 737 would cost FAR less to operate, and would still be a "real" airliner. He's got the coin, whatever he wants to do is fine, but has anyone heard of his reasoning for his choice of AC?

Swede said:
Don't know anything about Travolta, but I've always wondered why he tools around in that 3-hole beast (707) when a 1st gen 737 would cost FAR less to operate, and would still be a "real" airliner. He's got the coin, whatever he wants to do is fine, but has anyone heard of his reasoning for his choice of AC?

First of all, the 707 is a 'four-holer'.

Why does he fly it? Let me ask this, why do people own classic cars, when a Honda will do just fine?

There are very few 707's left flying in the world, and his is one of the best examples. I think its awesome that he is keeping a classic airliner like that in the air, and I hope he keeps it for another 20 years.

Swede said:

Uh....a 707 is a "four hole beast" and I'd imagine his deal as ambassador with Quantas helps pay the bills when flying the 707.

Wow, a 3-way flogging for my 3-hole gaffe. I'm not criticizing him, just curious. I'm all for owning and enjoying whatever you can afford, be it a B-17, 707, or a Fokker triplane.

Quantas pays for all of the maintenance and fuel in return for some P.R. by JT. It is still painted in the Quantas colors and from what I understand he bought the airplane because it is what he grew up watching as a kid.

I had the rare privilege of getting a tour of his house at Jumbolair a couple of months ago. He wasn’t there but I do however look forward to meeting him someday.

I addition to the 707 he owns a G2, a couple of Ultralights, and a some beautiful mint condition classic T-Birds.

Last edited:
Saw the "3-holer" ;) in BGR a couple days ago. Rampies said he has a place up there somewhere. I wonder if he has a place on the coast, or in the hills. The visibility was outstanding in the NE a couple days ago!

Hovernut said:
Saw the "3-holer" ;) in BGR a couple days ago. Rampies said he has a place up there somewhere. I wonder if he has a place on the coast, or in the hills. The visibility was outstanding in the NE a couple days ago!

He has a place out on the coast, and a few years back his neighbors called the feds on him cause he kept buzzing his house in the new-to-him 707.

I did a run to BTR the other day that place looks like an army base now. I bet the ATC guys are having a blast!! It was probably some guys retirement job in the tower because he wanted to get away from a busy airport.

They did a great job though everyone there is working their butts off.

StrykerFL said:
Quantas pays for all of the maintenance and fuel in return for some P.R. by JT. It is still painted in the Quantas colors and from what I understand he bought the airplane because it is what he grew up watching as a kid.

I had the rare privilege of getting a tour of his house at Jumbolair a couple of months ago. He wasn’t there but I do however look forward to meeting him someday.

I addition to the 707 he owns a G2, a couple of Ultralights, and a some beautiful mint condition classic T-Birds.

If you don't mind my asking, how the heck did you land that tour?

Latest resources

Back