• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travis Barker Blames Pilots, Equipment for Plane Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course he/his atty filed a lawsuit. 99% would after what transpired. What did you expect. No surprise the two manufacturers are being included. Litigation goes after the deep pockets. Shoot for the moon and land on the stars. They need to build a case and the more involved the better chance at it's legitimacy.

Also, having Goodyear and Bombardier involved means that their (GY / Bmbdr) attorneys have to produce documents (discovery phase) and in the end will help the case as they provide documentation that the crew fked up. This wil be based upon the technical guidelines set forth by the respective manufacturer. Even if it absolves GY and Bombard, it builds momentum against the crew and their company.

Of course it's their right, never said it wasn't. If the defendants are declared liable by a jury without the final facts, then the jury should join the idiot pool too. Look, I believe he should get some money, just find out who to sue first before naming everyone in the lawsuit, that's all!!

Filing the lawsuit is just the first step. No lawyer would set a date for trial without having the FAA/NTSB's full reports first. Those reports are what the jury will be using in their decisions, for the most part. But since he already named the charter companies they already have very high expectations that the crew will be placed at fault, since they were flying on behalf of those charter companies. They insure the pilots, so those insurance companies will have to pay up.

If the crew was completely ruled out as the cause....Goodyear and Bombardier certainly aren't at fault. Can't hold Goodyear liable for a tire blowing because how can anyone say the tire was defective? Bombardier can't be held liable because they just build planes, not tires, they did nothing wrong? If the crew didn't write-up any problems the last time they flew it regarding the brakes, the steering, reversers, etc., then the plane was just fine and operating properly.

They will have expert witness after expert witness take the stand, and one after the other they will tell the jury that the pilot should have continued the take-off. You would too if you were on the stand, and everyone else here.

The "sue everybody" thing needs to be stopped. All the survivors are entitled to are monetary awards from the charter companies insurance company or maybe a workmans compensation settlement.

Filing the lawsuit is just the first step. No lawyer would set a date for trial without having the FAA/NTSB's full reports first. Those reports are what the jury will be using in their decisions, for the most part. But since he already named the charter companies they already have very high expectations that the crew will be placed at fault, since they were flying on behalf of those charter companies. They insure the pilots, so those insurance companies will have to pay up.

If the crew was completely ruled out as the cause....Goodyear and Bombardier certainly aren't at fault. Can't hold Goodyear liable for a tire blowing because how can anyone say the tire was defective? Bombardier can't be held liable because they just build planes, not tires, they did nothing wrong? If the crew didn't write-up any problems the last time they flew it regarding the brakes, the steering, reversers, etc., then the plane was just fine and operating properly.

They will have expert witness after expert witness take the stand, and one after the other they will tell the jury that the pilot should have continued the take-off. You would too if you were on the stand, and everyone else here.

The "sue everybody" thing needs to be stopped. All the survivors are entitled to are monetary awards from the charter companies insurance company or maybe a workmans compensation settlement.

Well said!

Also, having Goodyear and Bombardier involved means that their (GY / Bmbdr) attorneys have to produce documents (discovery phase) and in the end will help the case as they provide documentation that the crew fked up. This wil be based upon the technical guidelines set forth by the respective manufacturer. Even if it absolves GY and Bombard, it builds momentum against the crew and their company.

Thats true. Its like getting free research for the plaintiffs attorneys. I'm assuming the judge will dismiss any liable for GY and Bomb., shortly into the discovery phase.

I hope so anyway. Hell, why don't they also sue the airport authority, the city, the state and the FAA/DOT for not having a longer runway or an arresting device at the end of the runway. The technology is there, the jury should award them millions, right?

I hope so anyway. Hell, why don't they also sue the airport authority, the city, the state and the FAA/DOT for not having a longer runway or an arresting device at the end of the runway. The technology is there, the jury should award them millions, right?

God knows. I don't doubt that these entites have been named as well as the lady who served the captain her breakfast. They'll all quite possibly have to give testimony, enriching the plaintiffs case against the operator.

Cheap discovery, like you said. Everyone wants to pass the blame. The more involved, the more they corner the crew and charter company and isolate the blame.

Welcome to America! :uzi:

Perhaps we could use this tragedy to remind ourselves to think about the events for which we would abort a takeoff and to think about those things and only those things during the actual takeoff roll.

Perhaps we could use this tragedy to remind ourselves to think about the events for which we would abort a takeoff and to think about those things and only those things during the actual takeoff roll.

I think about this accident right before every take-off I've done since the accident. I've also been talking about the accident with every pilot I know. Accidents are free experience. Gotta take advantage of them.

First off, I have never sued anyone, ever.

Secondly, if my family was killed on that airplane, I'm sure I would do the same as Barker, with the exception of Goodyear. Bombardier should be sued for that rediculous FADEC/ thrust reverser design. I'm sure that it has caused many more incidents/accidents that we haven't heard about

Latest resources

Back