• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travis Barker Blames Pilots, Equipment for Plane Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The country of Jakarta is not very litigation friendly.

Indonesian countries???? Which ones are that to be exact?

Guess I should have said "region." In talking with a friend about this Lear 60 crash and the lawsuits that have been filed, he explained to me some of the laws over there. He used to own a Lear 25 in Indonesia for air ambulance work years ago and flew all over that region. He was telling me how annual insurance over there, right now, is like $7,000. Compared to like $28,000 annually here for a Lear 25 doing air ambulance.

The huge difference in premiums is all about the personal injury and liability limits the insurance company will be on the hook for. Knowing they don't have to pay out more than $500 per person, the rates are dirt cheap.

Well regardless of what the FAA finds as the cause, one thing is for sure, Travis and the other passengers are not to blame. And I dont really feel that them suing is unjustified, I believe that most of us would do the same thing.

Well regardless of what the FAA finds as the cause, one thing is for sure, Travis and the other passengers are not to blame. And I dont really feel that them suing is unjustified, I believe that most of us would do the same thing.

Agreed, they should sue, but I'd be suing the crew only, not the tire company and aircraft manufacturer, thats just for greedy dirtbags that want a payday. The liability limits of those charter operators are probably close to $100 million combined, isn't that enough for that idiot. lTravis is trying to get a big check at the expense of his dead friends and co-workers. The American way.

Yet, he'll keep flying on planes with the same systems and good ole' Good Year tires.

Travis = dirtbag Along with anyone else who sues the manufacturer and/or GY.

Last edited:
You are right Fly91, very good points.

Agreed, they should sue, but I'd be suing the crew only, not the tire company and aircraft manufacturer, thats just for greedy dirtbags that want a payday. The liability limits of those charter operators are probably close to $100 million combined, isn't that enough for that idiot. lTravis is trying to get a big check at the expense of his dead friends and co-workers. The American way.

Yet, he'll keep flying on planes with the same systems and good ole' Good Year tires.

Travis = dirtbag Along with anyone else who sues the manufacturer and/or GY.

Put yourself in his Travis' situation. Would you tell your counsel that you DO NOT want to sue Bombardier or GY, or would you let the shyster do the shyster work for the best possible outcome?

Another question... they're suing the pilots. Is it all insurance through the charter company, or are they suing the pilots' estates as well?

Put yourself in his Travis' situation. Would you tell your counsel that you DO NOT want to sue Bombardier or GY, or would you let the shyster do the shyster work for the best possible outcome?

Another question... they're suing the pilots. Is it all insurance through the charter company, or are they suing the pilots' estates as well?
Yes, everyone here would be suing everyone, the same as Travis is doing.

Yes, I would tell them to just sue the people who are responsible, the crew. Why sue a manufacturer thats been making the Lear since the 1950's, and that exact landing gear and braking system since the 1950's???? It would make me look like a greedy piece of sh%t. I don't want people thinking that about me. Money is not bringing anyone back from the dead or healing scars, so why "sue everybody"??? I'll tell you why people do it....GREED!!!! Large money awards from big companies like that change NOTHING anyway!

I know a family that got a $1.9 million settlement from Chrysler Corp. when I was in high school. The floorboards of their 6 month old Jeep started to rust out and fall apart. They had two kids under the age of 4 yrs. They sued because they said it put their children in danger. Chrysler actually settled out of court with these scumbags. Floorboards are the same, Chrysler changed nothing, they just didn't want the bad press of a lawsuit. Is that fair, hell no!

I don't know the details of the claims in the suit. He should only sue the charter operators' insurance companies who insured these pilots to fly Part 135 for those operators. Human negligence is all they truly have here, and they are most likely going to rule this "pilot error". NOT 100% positive yet, but its sure looking like that. What else is there???? A bad leanding gear design, thats just comical. If thats the findings, they need to ground every plane on earth. A bad set of tires, on both sides of the plane...more comical. If thats the findings, they need to ground every aircraft on earth using GY tires and inspect them all before they can fly again.

Yes, everyone here would be suing everyone, the same as Travis is doing.

Speak for yourself man, I wouldn't be suing everybody.

I wouldn't want to contribute to one of the downfalls of this country. Don't want to be part of what jacks insurance premiums up so high that an airplane part costs 30 times what its worth. Or have to make GY, a great American company have to raise their prices or get bad press for no reason. Or have to see a great landing gear/braking system get trashed, one that has been operating beautifully since the 1950's on 7 different jets.

I'm not that kind of cheesedick. Travis is sure to get a few million $$$ from those insurance companies of the 135 operators in this case.....what the hell more does that already rich guy need????? And again, cash doesn't bring back the dead. That proves....GREED RULES!!!!!

Latest resources

Back