• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travis Barker - 4 killed, 2 hurt as rock star's jet crashes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pictures look like the trunk fuel let go. For a trip to VNY, probably full. That's 5,000lbs of fuel. Sad.

Hung

Bucket on the left engine appears stowed...

Anyone know the operator, plane seems based in Irvine, CA?

"...The plane was headed for Van Nuys, Calif. It is owned by Global Exec Aviation, a California-based charter company, and was certified to operate last year, Hersman said. The company said it had no immediate comment..."

Oh man - in some of those photos you can see the cockpit completely burned - but the instrument panel somehow looks quite intact. But everything around it burned. RIP.

A few years back I was a copilot on a Lear 31 and we had all four tires blow on takeoff.. about 10 Kts shy of V1 which resulted in a loss of directional control.. Once the tires blew, the wheel assembly hit the runway and shattered.. of course we didn't know at the time... had we not been on a 13,000ft rwy I don't think we would have survived. The wheels on the 60 are similar to the 31 ( if not the same). Just a Thought...

My thoughts are with the families... RIP

A few years back I was a copilot on a Lear 31 and we had all four tires blow on takeoff.. about 10 Kts shy of V1 which resulted in a loss of directional control.. Once the tires blew, the wheel assembly hit the runway and shattered.. of course we didn't know at the time... had we not been on a 13,000ft rwy I don't think we would have survived. The wheels on the 60 are similar to the 31 ( if not the same). Just a Thought...

My thoughts are with the families... RIP

I think its the same gear assembly. it looks small on a lear 60. I think the lear 45 was the first real redesign.

RIP to those that didn't make it and best wishes to those that did.

Latest resources

Back