transition from airline to part 91 corp. question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
91 is not required to ever do a W & B.

135 usually is required, but it depends on the ops specs, some 135 operators don't have to do them either, under certain conditions.

It has nothing to do with how many engines a plane has.

91 is never required to do a W&B?

Dont ever get SAFA checked in your G5 or 747!

1. Hire a Co-Captain with a great attitude and STRONG corporate background!!

2. Do whatever He/She does and act like it makes perfect sense to you.

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 as necessary until YOU have a strong corporate background.

Good Luck!

P.S. Don't burn your resume, you are only about 9 corporate jobs from retirement!

Last edited:
Explain that to a fed. Required to have a paper trail part 91? No. Required to ensure you're within the envelope? Yes. I know a guy that told a fed he didn't have to do a W&B because that leg was 91. Wrong answer.
As far as the 135 thing goes, my old j-o-b required only multi-engine aircraft to furnish a copy of the W&B unless it was a 91 leg. The singles were exempt. I'm pretty sure that's a 135 thing, not a special authorization from the FSDO since my higher-ups would likely have never gone through the trouble.

I've asked FED's before, more than once. They don't know sh1t. You'll get a different answer from each one. I only care about what the POI says, what they say, GOES, for the 135 op they supervise. And FED's have said 91 ops do not require W&B.

I guess if you want to get it in writing you'll have to write to Oklahoma and ask the legal department for an interpretation. I really don't care enough to waste my time with that.

135, I do what the ops specs say.

91, I don't do W&B.

91 is never required to do a W&B?

Dont ever get SAFA checked in your G5 or 747!

You'd be a moron to think a 747 operator skips the W&B forms, its a friggin cargo plane. Its kind of important. Corporate jets, not important unless you're an idiot pilot loading the plane like a retard.

Not one single Global or Gulfstream Part 91 operator I know of does W&B forms each time before departure. Or any other Part 91 operator for that matter in any aircraft.

Not one single Global or Gulfstream Part 91 operator I know of does W&B forms each time before departure. Or any other Part 91 operator for that matter in any aircraft.

The Gulfstream (with an aft galley) is almost impossible to load outside the CG envelope. Frankly, there is little need (Part 91) to prove you're loaded within the CG envelope, because there's a 99.9% probability that you are.

A Legacy, on the other hand, is a different story. If I have lots of folks and fuel in the aux tanks, I'm going to be checking to see where the CG is - Part 91 or 135. This particular airplane will bump the front limit rather easily.

The point is that even though you're not required to do a W&B form under Part 91, you ARE required to assure the airplane is operated within the design CG envelope. You may have a need someday to PROVE you were operating within the envelope. I'd at least have the forms handy. So this is something else for sonic340 to be thinking about with his Ultra operations.

You'd be a moron to think a 747 operator skips the W&B forms, its a friggin cargo plane. Its kind of important. Corporate jets, not important unless you're an idiot pilot loading the plane like a retard.

When operating within a foreign country I always do a W & B and record the results on my flight log. In the states no.

Like G200 said ... if you get a SAFA check, that will be the 1st thing they ask for. As for the rest of world, I am not sure what they require, but better safe than sorry. An ICAO violation is just the same as an FAA violation.

wow - filing a flight plan... there's a concept airlines guys forget about

Now, now Nick... easy on us airline guys. Don't let us being spoiled by having dispatchers file flight plans make you think we don't know how things run.

If I remember correctly, last year you applied to become an airline pilot USAirways... would you appreciate airline pilots cutting you down by saying you don't know diddly squat about airlines, unions, seniority, bidding, flight attendants, large jets, standardization, CRM, ASAP/FSAP, so on and so forth? I didn't think so...

Just take it easy buddy... it's not rocket science. An airline pilot finding that corporate job might be, but the job itself is very far from it.

:beer:

Latest resources

Back