Trans States to Receive 14 New RJ's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talked to..

a crew from TWA(AA) in MLI and they were under the impression that TSA was taking over 35 cities from AA.
But then again that's just talk.

Selling the Eagle jets to American Connection is a classic "whipsaw" move.
AMR has tried for a year now to get APA to relax the ASM cap regarding American Eagle. They have tried to pressure Eagle ALPA to pressure AA (APA) to relax the cap. This would do nothing but put a grind in the relations between Eagle and AA pilots. It did'nt work because we at Eagle could see the light and that any ASM cap relaxation would be canted toward American Connection and do nothing towards our own well being.
Now that TSA will be getting the jets, I am sure what the company hopes is that Eagle will look at AA and say "gee, that ASM cap sure is nasty, its uh...your fault we have 304 guys on furlough and our careers are in the can" . Then we all start pointing fingers at AA. No more harmony in the work force. The puppet masters look on with glee. Also, TSA flying the jets and possibly picking up some old TWA routes could pit TSA against AA as well.
Truth is, the jets were going away anyway. Just having them go to "American Connection" instead of back to Brazil, makes things a little more chaotic.
Theres all sorts of other stuff going on too. The 'reverse code' share using American Connection sure is sneaky. That will be an interesting one to follow as APA assuredly tries to put a light on the contractural games lurking about here.
I still think if the ASM cap issue was 'really' such a damaging deal, they would do something about it, like merge Eagle's and AA's seniority list.

Last edited:
Hey maybe Eagle is going to be the next American Connection carrier....[COLOR=orangered

I like how they say it's necessary to sell the jets to stay under the cap because of the CRJ deliveries... With the jets at TSA flying as connection THEY STILL COUNT AGAINST THE CAP!

By the way TSA pilot... apology accepted, but I have to admit that saying it was great news rubbed me the wrong way a little bit.

I kind of got pissed flying home through St. Louis the other day seeing all the TSA guys who (in my opinion) have my job. I had to remember that I have no beef with them. They are just guys who want to fly like I am. I'd do the same thing. I have a problem with AMR failing to honor our contract. I only wish there were enough jobs for all of us.

Last edited:
Hi!

Actually, Mr. FB, they DON'T count against the cap, luckily for AAEagle, because of the reverse code-share. Now, none of the Chautauqua, Corporate, or TSA flying counts against the seat-mile cap.

Hope things improve for you Eagle guys.

Cliff
GRB

TSA guys shouldn't gloat too soon about getting the outsourced work from AE. The grievances/lawsuits aren't over yet.

Right now witht the BS reverse code share I guess they don't count against the cap. But I imagine that the APA will be challenging that since it is a blatant violation of their scope. What's new at AMR.

Dragin is right, it's not over. I hope Eagle does well. Maybe I will have a job again someday.

I don't really think that any of the TSA pilots are "gloating." In fact, there have been a couple of TSA guys on tsalounge.com that have gone out of their way to mention that we need to keep the AE guys in mind and temper some of our enthusiasm.

I really don't think that the TSA guys are happy to take the EMJs from AE, they're just happy to be getting them from anywhere. The mentality from the TSA camp has never been us against you. It seems that a few of the AE guys think that we should refuse the jets. Do they want us to refuse to fly them? You guys should be pissed at AMR, APA, and your MEC--NOT US.

It's not as if we're taking routes and cities from AE. AE has NEVER fed STL. So if the tables were turned and they did feed STL and TSA was kicked out, then TSA could argue that AE took OUR flying. For AE to say that we're "stealing" jobs is absurd.

If the jets were returned to EMB and then purchased by coex, would you guys accuse them of stealing your jobs? The jets are leaving your property no matter what. If TSA imploded tomorrow, the jets would STILL be leaving. It really has nothing to do with TSA.

I'm tired of having to applogize for something that is NOT MY FAULT and NOT MY AIRLINES FAULT. I'm sorry that you guys are getting screwed by your company and APA, but I'm not sorry that some of our guys are coming back. Why should I have to appologize to you because our guys get to fly?

Understood. However, you need to understand that AMR controlled the fate of these A/C to benefit AMR. Had they just returned these A/C to Embraer (as was originally intended and represented), Embraer could have gotten a better deal for them from carriers with more secure financing. The only way TSA management could finance these A/C is if they had a place to put them and the deep pockets of a major carrier to cover their nut. This was an "inside deal" that involved all parties to benefit all parties. It is a transfer of assets disguised as a "sale".

The pilots of Eagle have suffered their 9/11. AMR has declared war on their contract. Their attack is no longer behind the scenes, sneaky and covert. They have publicly opened fire on the pilots of American Eagle.

Latest resources

Back