• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States DO in Hot Water

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
but does it say that the ATP needs to be current? I don't have the exact wording, any current skiers out there?

FAR 119.67 lays out the requirements for Director of Operations, Chief Pilot, Director of Maintenance and Chief Inspector.

but does it say that the ATP needs to be current? I don't have the exact wording, any current skiers out there?

Negative; and no requirement either to maintain currency. I doubt my carrier's DO has flown in ages either; but he still be the DO...

The article said they "tried" to take off on one engine. Do you think that is even possible? I'm no more than average intellegence and I can see amber lights flashing at me when I'm on one engine. There is even a high probability that I would see the "big" yellow light starting at me on the before takeoff checklist.

To that extent I will say that there is virtually NO possible way to even attempt a takeoff on one engine. Therefore, for your "brothers" in the cabin to stab you in the back is "not cool" in Gups book.

I got a couple PM's explaining how big a ****************************** bag the guy is so I "get it" but still feel uncomfortable selling a brother out.

Would I lie for you? Nope.
Would I volunteer to shorten your career? Hell NO.

Gup

I don't think you really do get it. And I mean that in the most non-confrontational way. I have no bone to pick with you. I'm just saying that only those who have worked for this guy can say they "get it". You can't sell out a brother if the guy is NOT a brother. He has made it clear that he does not consider himself part of the pilot group. I have heard him say that right in front of our class first hand.
You can't call him a brother if he has divorced himself from the family.

Latest resources

Back