• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States "Bridge Agreement"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting to me that many of the comments telling the TSA pilots to hold the line come from pilots that don't work there. As another non TSA pilot with nothing to lose if you take one for the team. I suggest you look at your situation and do what makes sense for you. Not what a bunch of tough guys looking in from the outside think you should do. Good luck to you in this struggle.

Many people around the industry, myself included, are former TSA. Its actually quite astonishing with how small the airline is and always has been how many people you meet around the country who flew for TSA at one point or another in their career. Most also still have friends over there who are getting bent over repeatedly.

Interesting to me that many of the comments telling the TSA pilots to hold the line come from pilots that don't work there. As another non TSA pilot with nothing to lose if you take one for the team. I suggest you look at your situation and do what makes sense for you. Not what a bunch of tough guys looking in from the outside think you should do. Good luck to you in this struggle.

Of course you suggest they don't hold the line. That might mean that you would be stapled. I wish them luck as well. Being I don't fly for TSA, OR their alter-ego company, I am removed from the situation. I still see what their struggle means to all pilots. I support the TSA pilots 100%. I hope they choose wisely.

Are you a GJer? Please do tell.

I am a active TSA pilot. I say hold the line or burn it down trying. That is the consensus of most of the pilot group with whom I've spoken.

Interesting to me that many of the comments telling the TSA pilots to hold the line come from pilots that don't work there. As another non TSA pilot with nothing to lose if you take one for the team. I suggest you look at your situation and do what makes sense for you.

This coming from a GoJet pilot.

"I suggest you look at your situation and do what makes sense for you." That's the kind of warped justification many people who went into GoJet as street captains have. Same with those who cross strike lines.

Sometimes short term pain (willingness to stand strong against TSA management) is worth the long term gain (a better contract with not just better pay, but also better work rules and meaningful scope).

And theo, before you jump on me and others for offering our support and advice know this -

Most of us were there in fall 2005 when we were offered the LOA that included scope for the GoJet flying. I voted against it (as did the overwhelming majority of the group) because the price was too high. We "held the line" at risk of the result being no future at TSA after the 145s were gone.

Why? Mesa pilots caved and sold the farm for scope to include Freedom years ago. They saved their jobs. But at what expense?

On a micro level they had by far the worst work rules and pay in the industry. Below even other bottom feeders. A job not even worth having in the opinion of most self-respecting professionals.

On a macro level they created a new low that every other airline had to compete with, resulting in greater downward pressure on every other regional airline pilot group.

So TSA pilots: hold the line. You have the support of more pilots than you realize.

This coming from a GoJet pilot.
Sorry, you are wrong. I have never flown at GoJet and (unless something drastic happens where I am I probably never will)

"I suggest you look at your situation and do what makes sense for you." That's the kind of warped justification many people who went into GoJet as street captains have. Same with those who cross strike lines.

I disagree that it is warped justification. I suggest you do the same every day as do we all. You want to say thinking for yourself is bad...go ahead. Just don't expect most other people to agree with you.

Sometimes short term pain (willingness to stand strong against TSA management) is worth the long term gain (a better contract with not just better pay, but also better work rules and meaningful scope).

As long as the pain is not yours I see your point. Who is to say that the rewards you claim will occur actually will occur. You sound like the same people who told the TSA pilots to vote down the chance to acquire GoJet when they had it, you were sure they would get a better offer. Instead they voted away the bigger aircraft and have been paying the price ever since then.

And theo, before you jump on me and others for offering our support and advice know this -

Most of us were there in fall 2005 when we were offered the LOA that included scope for the GoJet flying. I voted against it (as did the overwhelming majority of the group) because the price was too high. We "held the line" at risk of the result being no future at TSA after the 145s were gone.

Why? Mesa pilots caved and sold the farm for scope to include Freedom years ago. They saved their jobs. But at what expense?

On a micro level they had by far the worst work rules and pay in the industry. Below even other bottom feeders. A job not even worth having in the opinion of most self-respecting professionals.

On a macro level they created a new low that every other airline had to compete with, resulting in greater downward pressure on every other regional airline pilot group.

So TSA pilots: hold the line. You have the support of more pilots than you realize.

Well you see I don't actually believe you are offering support. You want them to try and fix the problems that you created when you voted down the flying, and if they don't succeed you want them to go down in flames taking the company with them.

If you were so determined to make it right you should have stuck around and put yourself on the line and not stand back while others have to make the sacrifices for your poor decisions.

These kinds of decisions are certainly personal and need to be made while considering what is best for you. The "burn it down", "hold the line" crowd think that is what is best for you and are not shy about telling you so. Who knows, they may be right. But just remember, they are not the ones who will actually make the sacrifice you have to. They simply benefit from it.

Oh my god. You are the problem. You from 2005. You guys single handedly ruined TSA, just admit it. This union brothers in arms is just BS. You should have taken the flying and worked out the detail in the upcoming contract. It was a very big mistake, 4 years later and nothing has changed. You keep saying that you all did good but how do you know that, would other pilot groups have done the same. I haven't seen one turn down flying. If anything they're taking what they can get, even if it means puting major pilots out of a job. I find it very very riddiculous that you voted the flying down because it would ruin TSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable, ruining TSA by adding more flying. This what theo is trying to say, this brothers in arms is BS, most do not care about you so do what is best for your pilot group not for the union.

Look at what is happening right now, does it look familiar? Even if Hulas gives in to your demands it will most likely be under the same terms of 2005. You can't win. The fact of the matter is Hulas is a private owner, he can close shop tomorrow, buy a thousand indian slaves and an Island off of Mumbai or he can buy Mesa. He doesn't care, you knew that TSA was a second tier regional and you knew what kind of person you will be working for. Tell me, is it a surprise that all this is happening? No business will be as usual for Hulas for a long time and nothing is going to change because he doesn't need to.

Last edited:
Oh my god. You are the problem. You from 2005. You guys single handedly ruined TSA, just admit it. This union brothers in arms is just BS. You should have taken the flying and worked out the detail in the upcoming contract. It was a very big mistake, 4 years later and nothing has changed. You keep saying that you all did good but how do you know that, would other pilot groups have done the same. I haven't seen one turn down flying. If anything they're taking what they can get, even if it means puting major pilots out of a job. I find it very very riddiculous that you voted the flying down because it would ruin TSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable, ruining TSA by adding more flying. This what theo is trying to say, this brothers in arms is BS, most do not care about you so do what is best for your pilot group not for the union.

Look at what is happening right now, does it look familiar? Even if Hulas gives in to your demands it will most likely be under the same terms of 2005. You can't win. The fact of the matter is Hulas is a private owner, he can close shop tomorrow, buy a thousand indian slaves and an Island off of Mumbai or he can buy Mesa. He doesn't care, you knew that TSA was a second tier regional and you knew what kind of person you will be working for. Tell me, is it a surprise that all this is happening? No business will be as usual for Hulas for a long time and nothing is going to change because he doesn't need to.

Wow. THAT from a true GoatJetter.

most do not care about you so do what is best for your pilot group not for the union.

As a current waterskier I plan on doing what is best for me which I would call "hold the line". The way I see it there are only really 3 outcomes from this.

1. We vote yes to the bridge agreement. That gives TSAH more time and energy to rapidly grow the GJ side and give you scumbags more stable employment. Getting stable enough that you guys can stay afloat on your own at which time I'm out of a job anyways.

2. We "hold the line" and TSA goes down in flames. As it stands right now I'm pretty sure that GJ is too small to survive on its own meaning that you guys go down in flames too. (would totally be worth it)

3. We "hold the line" and become a single carrier. This actually could be a "win win" for both companies. As a single carrier I would be able to keep my job. As horrid as is sounds GJ would become stronger due to the larger pilot group and both pilot groups would be able to get some better pay and work rules.

So at this point we have nothing to lose. 2 out of the 3 options put me on the street anyways so HK pretty much forced our hand. I know since you are GJ that Door # 1 is best for you so I understand you pushing that issue...but Door #3 is best for me and the other TSA guys and I will opt for door #3 and pretty sure at least a majority of my co-workers will too.

I know since you are GJ that Door # 1 is best for you so I understand you pushing that issue...but Door #3 is best for me and the other TSA guys and I will opt for door #3 and pretty sure at least a majority of my co-workers will too.

No, I could care less. I'm just a TSA refugee along with the others that are here. I want what's best for all of us. No one wants TSA out.

Why are you guna try an deny that you work at GJ. Don't call yourself a refugee when you crossed the line and went to GJ?

Latest resources

Back