• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans State

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
come to chq if u have the mins...this company makes tsa look rediculous!!! tsa has a great pilot group, but the company sux!

on a side note...i talked to an ex trans states guy that went to blo jet and hetold me it was the best thing he's done and that he's going to be a captain in 2 months! HA!

disw167 said:
Would it be worthwhile to go to the interview, even if you thought that you wouldn't take the job, just for the ecperience??

Sure, nothing wrong with getting interview experience.

flyer172r said:
Sure, nothing wrong with getting interview experience.
No interview experience trust me. they are going to be happy to see a pilot interested(sp) in TSA and they will hire you on the spot.

If you are considering working for Trans States in hope of accumulating enough flight time to hire on with a better airline later, first consider that many probationary pilots, new hires during first year of employment, have been terminated. Many pilots who have completed their first year of employment have also found themselves abruptly terminated or furloughed. There is also a possibility of unsatisfactory performance during training or certificate violation. All of these are possibilities one must consider before hiring on at Trans States. A blemished record could mean working for Trans States longer than you anticipate, something you must consider.

New hires terminated? State your source. I don't know of any. Unless not making it through the training program counts.

ren said:
If you are considering working for Trans States in hope of accumulating enough flight time to hire on with a better airline later, first consider that many probationary pilots, new hires during first year of employment, have been terminated. Many pilots who have completed their first year of employment have also found themselves abruptly terminated or furloughed. There is also a possibility of unsatisfactory performance during training or certificate violation. All of these are possibilities one must consider before hiring on at Trans States. A blemished record could mean working for Trans States longer than you anticipate, something you must consider.

Look, I was there for 8 years and I'm not gonna argue about TSA's merits as a place to work, but your reasoning is way off base.

If you are terminated, you most likely put yourself in that position......not that I can think of an exponentially higher rate of terminations compared to other similar carriers. Also, if you get a violation against your certificate, you violated yourself.....TSA didn't do it to you and neither did the FAA.....you did something to cause it. Not to mention that TSA has ASAP, so there shouldn't be many violations out there to begin with.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back