• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tranny flush bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, did you guys notice that Fubijaakr chimed in on this thread with a random, anti-SWA wisecrack? No? Nobody noticed? Not the SWA guys OR the Airtran guys? Hmmm... I guess that means that we're all starting to come together, and poor Fubi will soon have no one left to play with (other than OYS, that is).

Until the combined SWA-AAI buys Alaska and makes him our bitch! That'll be our rallying cry: "Staple Fubi! Staple Fubi!"

Uh... just kiddin', Fubi. We wouldn't do that. We don't actually want you. Back to the hate locker with you, and back to the thread at hand for the rest of the folks....

Bubba

No way we could staple the alaska pilots no way we could staff 100 737s overnight

O nevermind yes we could in a New York second. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

717's are scheduled for conversion starting jan2013. Seats and paint that's it. 5 days to convert searts and 7 days to paint. To costly to remove carts so FA will be crossed trained. 737-800's will use carts so they are ok with 717 still using carts.

First lease expires 2017 with last 2024. Unless there is a deal with Boeing to take them back sooner but we will never know that till the ink is dry.

Cheers

Quick question. Did SW want to use a plane painted or decaled for the initial ATL party months ago?

Rumor was a 71 was going to be in SW colors but not allowed due to contract language.

Might explain the new rumor / gossip of 71 not getting SW colors to keep us on it. Goes along with the don't say no or else clause.

Close. They slapped a big ole One Luv sticker on a 737. THAT was in violation of our contract. A Section 1 grievance was filed and settled immediately.

Sounds silly to bitch about a sticker but once the door is opened.....

Gup

Bubba,

Just pointing out reality. Leaning on the idea that there are long leases on the 717 will keep them on board is unrealistic. We had long term leases on the MD-80s, but management negotiated them away when they became a cost burden.

Sorry, Bub, but pointing out the facts doesn't qualify as "hate" speech.

Thanks for clearing the decal rumor up. I and probaly most of us enjoy seeing a unified group and a CEO that actually respected your contract. (yet no retaliation for saying no.)

In our world, the plane would have been painted and our union would have said fly it and grieve it with the hopes of getting a resolution in 2 years.

In our world he did violate the contract. He placed the sticker knowing full well we'd have to balk, we got part of a van out of it.

Bubba,

Just pointing out reality. Leaning on the idea that there are long leases on the 717 will keep them on board is unrealistic. We had long term leases on the MD-80s, but management negotiated them away when they became a cost burden.

Sorry, Bub, but pointing out the facts doesn't qualify as "hate" speech.

The original comment was someone mentioning people having a fear of being furloughed. You chimed in that that fear would "be realized sooner rather than later." So you weren't JUST pointing out likelihood of keeping 717s through their full leases, were you? you were taking a jab, insinuating furloughs were coming. And while I agree that particular comment doesn't qualify as hate speech (it's more of the "always-being-a-pain-in-the-ass-for-sh&ts-and-giggles" speech that you're famous for), you've got enough hateful barbs in your history to consign you to the hate locker for life. Although perhaps it IS a start in the new and improved, less-hateful Fubi. Stranger things have happened.

Most likely is that if GK does get rid of 717s early, he'll have replacements (most probably more 737s, obviously) for them. He didn't spend all that money buying Airtran to just park the planes, get rid of employees, and not fly the routes. He did it to grow the company and make more money. Remember? Southwest actually makes money every year. That may be a concept alien to your company. He still has all the new cities and routes to service (although obviously, there'll be optimization to turn Airtran structure into Southwest structure). Unless something really radical and bad happens on a national level, no one will get furloughed. Pretty much standard Southwest operations, chugging along.

The real surprise is I seem to be the only one left to engage you. Everyone else ignored your comments and kept with the point on the thread. Wow. Look how far we've come in our relationship, Fubi... :confused:

Bubba

Of course he won't just park 'em. But you have to admit one of the big reasons he bought AAI in the first place was the Boeing order book.

I wasn't really referring to furloughs, just the fact that the 717s could be deleted sooner than some AAI pilots think.

A lot of senior captains are talking of bidding 737 FO. They have different reasons. Some are doing it for fear of furloughs taking place on the AirTran side of the partition, so they want to be on the SWA side as early as possible. Others are doing it to be closer to home, since the 717s will only be based in ATL and probably TPA or MCO. I've even heard a few guys in the top 10% saying that they're bidding 737 FO. I wouldn't be shocked to see 100 of our senior FOs get upgrade slots out of this.

Thanks for clearing the decal rumor up. I and probaly most of us enjoy seeing a unified group and a CEO that actually respected your contract. (yet no retaliation for saying no.)

In our world, the plane would have been painted and our union would have said fly it and grieve it with the hopes of getting a resolution in 2 years.

Hey, retard... stop gulping with happiness. That CEO just violated a contract called Process Agreement that he signed when he promised not to integrate your a$$.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back