• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tranny flush bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice try at spinning the event. Just doesn't work. No middle finger... just business. You have a hard time understanding that.

Back to the original post: this is the biggest sticking point for the SWA F.O.s. If SWA moves +10 vacancies into BWI,MCO or any other east coast base then 10 AAI senior dudes take those slots. Then the next month the vacancy becomes -10 due to seasonal downgrades, our 10 most junior domicile F.O.s just got displaced to the west coast. These are the guys that just spent 3 years commuting west. With no right of return to the domicile these guys will never see a east coast base again until well after all AAI folks are on property.

These are the guys that just spent 3 years commuting west. With no right of return to the domicile these guys will never see a east coast base again until well after all AAI folks are on property.

Oh well...its called the Law of Unintended Consequences.

Back to the original post: this is the biggest sticking point for the SWA F.O.s. If SWA moves +10 vacancies into BWI,MCO or any other east coast base then 10 AAI senior dudes take those slots. Then the next month the vacancy becomes -10 due to seasonal downgrades, our 10 most junior domicile F.O.s just got displaced to the west coast. These are the guys that just spent 3 years commuting west. With no right of return to the domicile these guys will never see a east coast base again until well after all AAI folks are on property.

Nah. It's not a sticking point. Your top FO's become Captains! What could be better than that? They will be replaced by 11-18 year AT Captains who will cash in their old AT seniority for the only thing that it is good for. Senior FO in domicile of their choice. Thats the irony over this deal versus the last proposal. In the last proposal the AT pilots got paid SWA wages without impacting SWA pilots QOL. Now SWA FO QOL will be impacted. I was good with either scenario. But it illustrates why GK wanted to just keep us in our seats, minimize the movements. But the end result will be more SWA pilots commuting either as a junior Capt for the seat/pay or junior FO outbid by former AT Capt during vacancy expansion.

Nah. It's not a sticking point. Your top FO's become Captains! What could be better than that? They will be replaced by 11-18 year AT Captains who will cash in their old AT seniority for the only thing that it is good for. Senior FO in domicile of their choice. Thats the irony over this deal versus the last proposal. In the last proposal the AT pilots got paid SWA wages without impacting SWA pilots QOL. Now SWA FO QOL will be impacted. I was good with either scenario. But it illustrates why GK wanted to just keep us in our seats, minimize the movements. But the end result will be more SWA pilots commuting either as a junior Capt for the seat/pay or junior FO outbid by former AT Capt during vacancy expansion.

True.

In the last deal the AirTran CA's became the most junior Reserves at the worst bases for 10 years. There was still the same number of upgrades for the SWA FO's, but they'd never sit RES at the undesirable bases.

Now, they'll be losing their bases as senior AirTran guys move into the spots created. Many of these new SWA FO's from AirTran will be above 50% seniority.

On the bright side, some SWA guys get to upgrade and go to OAK.

Strange days are these.

Fly by, after re-reading my post it did seem too cuddly. I do realize what happened regarding the PA and I too am ticked that agreements meant nothing.

In my attempt to move on I was looking at a positive that both GK and Swapa respected each others agreements but now I know the decal was not correct either so I retract that post.

Getting over the retard comment you made will take it's toll. At least I can look forward to seeing all the Culture posters in our crew room today when I go to work. My favorite is the one placed in the hall that says own it. Better than getting a voice mail from scheduling.

On the bright side, some SWA guys get to upgrade and go to OAK.

LAS is the junior base...I believe

And they gave him the middle finger in response. Nothing like filing a grievance against your master.

Would you prefer that a union not a file a grievance when their contract is violated?

Couldn't SW management minimize this problem by opening up a new, good quality base or two like Denver? Would that draw senior people and create openings at the other bases in the system? All the AT 737 people who are getting pushed out of ATL, MKE and MCO will have to go somewhere, I would think that maybe SW will need a new base to absorb the refugees created by this. Maybe when the transition starts that would be a good time to open it. I don't understand the SW basing model so maybe this wouldn't help, I don't know. Also keep in mind that the majority of the AT pilots will be on the 717 in ATL and another base that has yet to be announced. These pilots will be locked into this plane and it's (two) bases (and AT 717 rates until 2015 even after they cross the fence and are SW pilots) so they will be unable to exercise their system seniority. SW pilots will not be affected by them until into 2015 when they are free as their locks expire. By then the only SW pilots who should be affected will most likely be people who are not even on the property at either company now and are junior to everybody involved in this deal.

I can see the point of the SW FO's and that would not make me happy either but plenty of junior AT FO's will be forced out of their home bases, their aircraft and will become commuters with no access to the SW bases. For these folks their QOL will go way down in many cases with no compensation increase to offset this until 2015. There's no way for everybody to win in this deal right off the bat, there may have to be some inconvenience and hardship for some folks on both sides for awhile.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back