• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tranny ALPA MEC - Dragging their feet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The SWA fantasy island needs get a good b!tch slap of reality.........After it does hope we all can live with it and move on.

I got a chuckle out of that.

Hey ******************** YOU! Wanna go get a beer?

LOL,
Gup

Just flew a three day with a Checkairman who is in "the know" with the status of the negotiations between SWA, SWAPA, and Tranny ALPA. Evidently the company is quite upset with how the ALPA ATN-MEC is continually dragging their feet with the Agreement in Principle.

From what he told me they were supposed to have final language drafted this week yet ATN ALPA couldn't be bothered with pesky little things like deadlines and working with SWA management. So now it has been pushed to next week. And from what he told me this really isn't ground breaking stuff. Just hammering out the final tiny details.

So now SWA is pretty pissed. Way to go ATN ALPA! No wonder AirTran management treated you like crap, sounds like you deserved it.

Can the ATN ALPA MEC tie their own shoes without needing two weeks advance notice?

Word to LeeRoy for nailing this thread in the beginning!

Now if he could have just told me about three 500 point down days in the Dow.

That's your executive blog wording. Of course you are going to try and make ALPA look bad. I really don't blame SWAPA. ALPA (the MEC) is a mess and my trust in them is long gone. Don't know where this is going to go but after hearing about the reaction from some SW FO's wanting MORE after 1/2 of our pilots are stapled and shut down from upgrade till 2020 I have leaned towards arbitration. The SWA fantasy island needs get a good b!tch slap of reality. I am to junior for arbitration to affect me much but I might get some gratification on a arbitrators ruling. Hope it gets done soon. After it does hope we all can live with it and move on. Any disrespect on the line will result in a through hotel van beating ;)

So basically you're calling our union board liars? How about you go ask your union leaders how they phrased their email, and while you're at it, ask why two weeks isn't enough to determine whether they want to go with this deal?

And how mathematically challenged are you to think that 650 is half of 1655? You talk about delayed upgrades for your FOs. Well, we face the same here now, since your cappies are getting to keep their seats. How about being grateful that we live in an age where every captain at any acquired airline, no matter the economic disparity, can expect to keep their seat.

AT ALPA Dragging their feet - (-$$$$$$$$$)

I have not seen any mention of what this is going to cost ALPA - $$$$$ - yes they are going to lose revenue(union dues = taxation) from the pilot group, I don't have the math but I am sure the monthly dues will add up to a sizable loss.
It behooves ALPA to drag out the negotiations as long as possible so they can keep filling their coffers, there's got to be junkets somewhere around the world to go to.

How many months ago did I predict this happening EXACTLY as it has?
There is simply no motivation for ALPA to facilitate this smoothly-
They collect north of $300,000/month in dues- even if they pay $50k/month to the lawyers and another $50k/mo to admin they still get another $1M every 5 months- AND weaken a competitor AND win points with OAL ALPA members by fighting the good fight against evil SWA.

I sincerely hope that GK understood the Muse Air dealings with ALPA and has not underestimated the corruption and conniving they are capable of.

And do NOT doubt, with as beaten down as the AT pilot group has been, how dysfunctional the internal politics: how EASY it is to manipulate the AT pilots to do ALPAs bidding.

I for one, cannot wait until this is behind us-

Last edited:
It is pretty simple. The side letter is out so we ask our reps questions and they have different answers. If they can't agree then I am sure not going to expect any one else to agree of a definition and what it is suppose to mean.

So either fix the language or don't expect either side to approve. Arbitration seems the best way so that both sides can then focus their gripes on the ruling vs MECs.

Rather come out worse from an arbitrator's ruling then harm my co-workers by saying yes to something no one can define.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back