• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Training Contracts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
who cares, if they are cheap enough to make you sign one, they won't shell out the money to hire a lawyer and enforce it. I haven't met one person that was summoned to court because of a training contract, and yes i know a few guys that have bailed on one or two.

I know a few that they came after and won. If you were stupid and signed one, the only thing I can think of is to down the aircraft as much as you can for ANY discrepancy. You are playing the safety card, so they will usually call uncle. Just my opinion, I'm sure there will be others.

Problem is this can be case by case. Usually a judge rules and you never know the outcome. Also if you go to court a lawyer will usually cost more than the contract.

I'd either wait it out or stop showering and be asked to leave.

Quiting and taking the chance they won't come after you is another option but I'd only do it if I was completely miserable.

I've seen them enforced and guys paid out a "settled" amount. I just wonder why you'd sign it and then leave. Unless its a multi-year commitment, just do your time...especially if they gave you a type.

US Supreme Court ruled a few years ago that in certain cases it falls under Indentured Servitude.

You mean I'm not a slave?!!:laugh: And I missed the Juneteenth celebration, too.

US Supreme Court ruled a few years ago that in certain cases it falls under Indentured Servitude.

Ref Case Number? This would help alot of people out.

Latest resources

Back