• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Training Contracts!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Leaving is an option of your contract, but if you choose to leave during that contract you must pay what you agreed to by signing that contract. This is an industry where honor and integrity are all we have, someone has to be the bigger man. Hell you might as well put false entries in your logbook to get a better job. Don' put yourself in the same category as those who cant live up to thier word.

You will have different understanding after a year or two at a regional.

You will have different understanding after a year or two at a regional.

It's not about where you work. It's about commitment plain and simple.

As far as s****ty maintenance well you didnt do your research before signing. If you dont know what you are signing before ya sign it well then suffer, but you signed so own up to it. I am sick of hearing how it is everyone elses fault. Well know made you sign you thought i get to fly for an airline where do I sign with out knowing what you signed YOUR FAULT KNOW ONE ELSES. I just signed a contract with a very big company here in Minnesota, 3-something and i had a lawyer look at that contract. research is all im saying

It's not about where you work. It's about commitment plain and simple.

As far as s****ty maintenance well you didnt do your research before signing. If you dont know what you are signing before ya sign it well then suffer, but you signed so own up to it. I am sick of hearing how it is everyone elses fault. Well know made you sign you thought i get to fly for an airline where do I sign with out knowing what you signed YOUR FAULT KNOW ONE ELSES. I just signed a contract with a very big company here in Minnesota, 3-something and i had a lawyer look at that contract. research is all im saying

Gee, I must have been out of my mind not to demand that I be given the opportunity to preflight the entire fleet before I signed the contract. Shame on me. I knew that what I signed was a poorly written document , written in even poorer english that you use, and that it was too vague to be legally binding. I accepted the terms of the contract under the assumption that the company would live up to its claims and promises. It did not, and that my friend is fraud.

Do what you have to do in order to CYA. Plenty of people have bailed on their contracts and not ended up paying a dime. The company is not looking out for your best interests.

I agree, so for you guys who say pilots need to have integrety. Well let me ask you this. So you're telling me that if you signed a two year training contract and 6 months down the line a company comes and offers you 60K to start, home 16 days out of the month, good equipment, job security and better benefits then you would say "thanks, but no thanks. I have a contract and I wont break it." Is that what you are telling me? Ok three things, either you are management, a 300 hour a$$ kissing pilot, or you're full of shi*. Make it four things, you are also an idiot!

If you sign a contract and someone calls you before the contract is up, you obviously have a decision to make. If and when your former employer sues you for the money, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

A training contract is a legal document. If you sign it and break it, don't cry when a judge holds you legally responsible to fulfill the financial obligation of that contract.

A person is not stupid for signing one. A person is a complete idiot for signing one, breaking it and then crying about the consequences of breaking the contract.

You guys want to talk about integrity? How about this for integrity: There are too many of you so called pilots out there who have no pride for the hard work and qualifications you have and are willing to do this job for free! That's the kind of integrity that makes the pay what it is today for all of us.

Which Regionals do NOT have a training contract?

I heard that Comair does not have one. Any more??

Latest resources

Back