• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Training Contracts!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You Signed a Contract. Honor your contract.. It's as easy as that. Or Don't sign the contract. Did you ever think WHY they made you sign a contract. Should have been you're first clue that maybe you shouldn't go work there, or that conditions at the company were "less than favorable". Just because managements don't honor their commitments dosent mean you should abandon yours. You found a better job. GREAT! Pay up and move on.

:Rant Over

yes they hold up, i had to pay. If you leave its more of a matter if they come after you. screw these people telling you your not a man of your word. You do what ever it takes to keep food on the table. You don't have to be happy with the industry, but you should be at least at company your happy with. If your not happy with either, what the hell are you doing then. Move on to something better.

The fact that a company makes you sign a training contract should tell you something about the company in the first place. If it were such a great place to work, people probably would not be leaving at such a rate that the training expenses would be very high, thus requiring a contract.

If someone signs one, they should honor it. Not honoring it says a lot about one's character. Leaving early and paying what you owe speaks tons about one's integrity.

well i work at chq now, signed a 2 year at 15k. And its the best place i worked at. i worked at other carriers and they don't come close. Also nobody is leaving, only for the few majors we know that are hiring. So to say that being required to sign a contract should tell you something about the company is wrong. There just trying to save money using a scare tatic which is normal business. Screw you people who are all about stepping up and being a man of your word on what you signed. Sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

well i work at chq now, signed a 2 year at 15k. And its the best place i worked at. i worked at other carriers and they don't come close. Also nobody is leaving, only for the few majors we know that are hiring. So to say that being required to sign a contract should tell you something about the company is wrong. There just trying to save money using a scare tatic which is normal business. Screw you people who are all about stepping up and being a man of your word on what you signed. Sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

I agree, so for you guys who say pilots need to have integrety. Well let me ask you this. So you're telling me that if you signed a two year training contract and 6 months down the line a company comes and offers you 60K to start, home 16 days out of the month, good equipment, job security and better benefits then you would say "thanks, but no thanks. I have a contract and I wont break it." Is that what you are telling me? Ok three things, either you are management, a 300 hour a$$ kissing pilot, or you're full of shi*. Make it four things, you are also an idiot!

Everybody please keep in mind that signing a training contract DOES NOT mean you cannot leave the company. It simply means that if you do leave before a certain amount of time, you must pay a training fee. Leaving and paying is NOT breaking the contract, it is fulfilling the contract.

i think contracts are total crap, oh yea, im right and you are wrong. If you are in a contract right now, need not respond because you are fked. ahahhaha

I agree, so for you guys who say pilots need to have integrety. Well let me ask you this. So you're telling me that if you signed a two year training contract and 6 months down the line a company comes and offers you 60K to start, home 16 days out of the month, good equipment, job security and better benefits then you would say "thanks, but no thanks. I have a contract and I wont break it." Is that what you are telling me? Ok three things, either you are management, a 300 hour a$$ kissing pilot, or you're full of shi*. Make it four things, you are also an idiot!

Leaving is an option of your contract, but if you choose to leave during that contract you must pay what you agreed to by signing that contract. This is an industry where honor and integrity are all we have, someone has to be the bigger man. Hell you might as well put false entries in your logbook to get a better job. Don' put yourself in the same category as those who cant live up to thier word.

Be a man you signed a contract, and by know you know that regionals suck. If you can't be held to your word or even a contract you have no business calling yourself a man. i swear everyone here is looking for the easy way out. In truth you will never succeed unless you are willing to commit to hard work, and honor all commitments. If something you agreed to do sucks go cry to mommy.

When the contract was signed, I had no idea how ********************ty maintenace was at the company, and how I was expected to fly unairworthy aircraft with regularity. I am man enough to say I better serve my family alive than as a smoking hole in the ground.

Leaving is an option of your contract, but if you choose to leave during that contract you must pay what you agreed to by signing that contract. This is an industry where honor and integrity are all we have, someone has to be the bigger man. Hell you might as well put false entries in your logbook to get a better job. Don' put yourself in the same category as those who cant live up to thier word.

You don't know what the flock you're talking about! These contracts are there because the companies that want them signed don't want to have to compete in the open market. In other words they know they're such crappy places to work that someone can find better with the experience they'll get within a period shorter than the contract specifies. Honor and integrity, please...... are you still flight instructing? This industry is no different than any other, do your job and take care of yourself(including family). Pilots don't owe management anything.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back