• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Traffic in sight"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's your biggest gripe, eh? Pretty lucky to have had such a placid career.

And there's this new thing called TCAS. All the kids at the malt shop are talking about it. Bichin!

You missed my point: biggest gripe in regards to this particular issue: traffic reported by ATC. I have done plenty of 440's from the observers seat and many pilots do this: stare in the direction of the traffic as pointed out by ATC, all while forgetting to look in all the other places.

Huh?
Use a little CRM will ya. One set of eyes can look for the ATC traffic and the other can look for the unknowns you suggest. ATC is telling you about that traffic for a reason. How bout getting a visual on the guy so that you can determine IF he will be a problem at some point.

See my post above.

say again,

It's not "unnecessary chat" if there's about to be a midair collision. DON'T YA THINK?

How is thanking them necessary to the safety of flight? It's not, hence the unnecessary chatter. My point being is how ridiculous you sound by starting these asinine threads. Traffic insight, or not in sight are the only required responses, not a "thank you" or whatever else you would've said to them. You b!tch and moan that others take up "valuable" frequency time, when in fact, you just stated you would do the exact same thing- hypocrite!!!! Practice what you preach or STFU.:beer: Actually, just STFU anyways, nobody cares.

When a controller pints out traffic during cruise at the flight levels, he/she is only doing it simply so you won't be startled seeing another aircraft coming at you. After acknowledging the call, it is NOT necessary nor required to make another call to center to report the traffic "in sight". The controller really doesn't care too much.

Yesterday there were two blocked transmissions because pilots unecessarily called back to report "traffic in sight". An AA flight bugged INDY center TWICE to let the controller know the traffic was in sight....the second time with great irritation in his voice because he wasn't responded to on the first transmission when it was quite clear the controller was doing some coordination.

If I dont see the other aircraft I like hearing them say "Traffic in sight" at least this way I know there is at least vis separation,especially with RVSM and in Europe (remember clear day and two freighters collide).

After acknowledging the call, it is NOT necessary nor required to make another call to center to report the traffic "in sight".

It is also NOT necessary for you to come here and lay your radio philosophy on us.

Loser.

I never used to say "with you." I have since started hoping that you'd be listening and get your panties twisted.

Make sure not to use any of your precious radio time to tell us we are doing it wrong. That would make you quite the hypocrite.

It is also NOT necessary for you to come here and lay your radio philosophy on us.

Loser.

I never used to say "with you." I have since started hoping that you'd be listening and get your panties twisted.

Make sure not to use any of your precious radio time to tell us we are doing it wrong. That would make you quite the hypocrite.

I am gonna have to agree with Mach 80 on this one. You are wasting valuable radio time using "With you". All radio comms should be initiated with the much shorter, one word, "Aaaaannnnnnnd".

From now on I'll make sure that I reply "traffic in sight" as many times as possible to ensure that I block and waste as much time on the frequency as possible ...

Btw anyone mind posting the reference to this claim?

3 3 5

Latest resources

Back