Tough Choice--SWA or UPS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
Oh, please tell me that this doesn't actually happen. They actually have to deal with "happiness police?" This is just too much. Can't these guys just go to work and do their jobs and not worry about how "jolly" the guy next to them is?

Gee, what do you think? No, it doesn't happen. You should recognize the flamebait for what it is. It's just something made up in the mind of a very frustrated woman in comfortable shoes who just realized that men don't find her attractive. As a result, she hates all men, but "loves boxes" (so to speak). Fascinating.

remember the nutjob on egypt air...or fedex speargun pilot...or (oh you probably get my point) :)

Last edited:
Juvat said:
Gee, what do you think? No, it doesn't happen. You should recognize the flamebait for what it is. It's just something made up in the mind of a very frustrated woman in comfortable shoes who just realized that men don't find her attractive. As a result, she hates all men, but "loves boxes" (so to speak). Fascinating.

PCL.

OH YES IT DOES HAPPEN!!!!! It happened to a friend of mine. Ends up in CP office with CP asking "Are you happy at SWA because a captain you flew with was concerned". PUHLEEEEAZE.

Oh, and Juwhatever, what's not attractive about a 300 lb female pilot?

Two sides to every story. Maybe he got pulled in because of his/her attitude? Can't stand flying with guys that are pissed off all the time. Call off sick, find a new job, do something, please spare me. Venting some frustration on occasion, fine. If he/she are still pissed off when they are sitting in a SWA, FEDEX, UPS flightdeck, they really need to get out of aviation.

mullet said:
Two sides to every story. Maybe he got pulled in because of his/her attitude? Can't stand flying with guys that are pissed off all the time. Call off sick, find a new job, do something, please spare me. Venting some frustration on occasion, fine. If he/she are still pissed off when they are sitting in a SWA, FEDEX, UPS flightdeck, they really need to get out of aviation.

Well, whining to the CP without talking to the person first is SHADY! I would rather be with a pain in the a$$ than someone I cannot trust to not run to the CP about something I may say. That is pretty sad.

mullet said:

Give me a break. It's not in the job description that everyone has to be happy all the time. I've flown with the guys that are pissed off all the time. It's not really that big of a deal. You just do your job and when the trip is over, you go your seperate ways. I've never felt the need to talk to the CP just because someone had a "bad attitude" or was just plain pissed off at everything. If you can't do your job around people with different personalities and attitudes, then maybe you need to be the one to get out of aviation.

Maybe he did and your friend missed the Captains cues. Maybe he didnt, who knows. Two sides to every story.

PCL_128 said:
Give me a break. It's not in the job description that everyone has to be happy all the time.
I didnt say you had to be happy all of the time. Did 3 years plus on reserve as a captain at PSA during their most abusive times. I wasnt happy everytime I stepped into my seat, but didnt need to piss and moan the whole day about it. It's not my job to listen to a grown adult whine all day. Yes, attitude is part of your job description and so is your character, so spare me your aviation wisdom Mr. PFT.

“ Stupid comments from uneducated people coming on the Jetstream… just gets to you after a while. “

Oh sweet memories…

Picked up some extra flying and as we are single-engine taxing in Atlanta being # million or so for takeoff, a lady walks up and grabs my friend's arm (he's in the left seat) “HELLO! Do you need a passenger to tell you one of your engines is NOT working???” (Unfortunately, the titanium reinforced cockpit curtain in our Jetstream did not prevent this cockpit breach) At first she scared the s*$@ out of us, but then my bud says with a very calm voice: “Yes ma’m, we are aware of that, at this airline we use the right engine to fly TO the destination and the left one to come BACK! Her response? Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that!!!
Another one: “Why am I paying this much money to fly a WWII airplane???”

I must say though, 99.9% of the time we had a ball flying the junkstream and most folks would say stuff like, wow, that wasn’t bad at all - maybe it wasn’t their intention but we took it as a compliment : )

Latest resources

Back