• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Top ten uses for regional jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As previously said mainline pilot groups allowed most of this RJ silliness to happen years ago. Also, most of you mainliners either came from the military or came up like the rest of us with instruction, charter, regional. Anyone from the military should be thanked for their service and certainly be given a chance at a good civilian job but that same person should not be an elitest snob about their fortunate position if their military experience trumps most of his/her civilian counterparts. On the flipside, the rest of us all share somewhat similar backgrounds on the civilian side, with all of us struggling and doing whatever it took to make it in this unforgiving industry. It is the height of ignorance and snobish boring arrogance to condemm anyone for taking any flying job (barring crossing a picket line) to take care of themselves and their family. Get over yourselves and take back what should have been yours years ago and bring us into the fold. By the way, I make 100K, have all my weekends off, get my first pick most of the time and have almost no fear of getting laid off. All that on 9th year seniority.

Last edited:
That's interesting since 9th year FO pay on the 88 at Delta is only $72k.

On the other hand 2nd year FO pay at UPS is $118k.

I guess stones shouldn't always be thrown without knowing whether you're in a position to back it up.

I'm afraid your numbers are way off on the DAL side. From APC: 3rd year DAL 88FO: $81
Now, I'm not saying that's great, but it's a far cry from what you posted. To compare any pax airline to UPS or FedEx may be fun, but it's pointless.

You forgot "while wearing only flip flops and a watch wandering around the woods looking fot their clothes."

Exactly, he finally gets a chance with his first woman to replace the warm and fuzzy feelings he gets from flying that super-cool RJ and he gets lost in the woods and loses the girl.

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/legacy/delta.html

9yr 88 FO: $93
65 hr guarantee

$93*65*12= $72540

3rd yr 88 FO: $81
65 hr guarantee

$81*65*12= $63180
woohoo
Well considering most get 80+ hour lines...your math is out the window. 81 hours usually equals 4x 4 day trips or 3x4 days and a 3 day - all commutable on the front and back end.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Take the hourly rate and just add 4 zeros. With 80 hr lines and per diem it's dead on.

Now for regionals making 100k a year at 9th year pay...someone must live in their aircraft. I prefer NOT to....and trust me, I make 100k and work far less than most of the month.

Last edited:
For a Delta guy hired 9 years ago, would he have been furloughed over that time?

Although I agree that a 9 year guy may make more, that didn't seem to boost his moral when I've talked to the typical jumpseater who was recently put out on the streets.

For you to suggest that it is 100 percent greener on the other side is ridiculous. If it were, there would not be a whole bunch of senior regional captains.

Latest resources

Back