Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pushntin

Gear Up, Flaps 10.
Talk about people cutting costs. I saw a GIII in PDK this week running off of ground power instead of the APU. Guess that 24 gallons an hour was just killing their operating cost.

Or it could be past inspection. Ours is comming up next month, but we are no where near time limits.

apu

Years ago I worked for a pt 91 operation in MKE that had a citation. One of my first trips with them I fired up the apu just like i had done for 1500 hours before with a previous operator. The Chief Pilot comes running out of the hanger to the plane like I am on fire or something. He says "What are you doing?" "With what?" I replied. "The APU - we don't use the APU".

Now keep in mind this company did a bunch of trips to Phoenix - think hot. So in the end, their pax get on hot dark airplanes. They also in their infinite wisdom did not use electric window heat because, "the windows are real expensive".

Whatever.

Years ago I worked for a pt 91 operation in MKE that had a citation. One of my first trips with them I fired up the apu just like i had done for 1500 hours before with a previous operator. The Chief Pilot comes running out of the hanger to the plane like I am on fire or something. He says "What are you doing?" "With what?" I replied. "The APU - we don't use the APU".

Now keep in mind this company did a bunch of trips to Phoenix - think hot. So in the end, their pax get on hot dark airplanes. They also in their infinite wisdom did not use electric window heat because, "the windows are real expensive".

Whatever.

just like

"dont use the landing lights"

they will break the bank haha! these guys jump over dollars to save pennies...

Our company seems to like us to use the Ground Power to start the APU when we can on our CE750s. They think it prolongs the battery life. Don't know if this is true or not, but I usually follow orders when I can.

I remember seeing young pilots kicking back in the Hawker at Scenic in Las Vegas, listening to CD's on the entertainment system, with the door open and the APU/ AC running 'cause the FBO was boring. (Before IPODS).

Latest resources

Back