Told Ya!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmmm

Wow this is getting interesting. I am with FLOPS and yes a little frustrated! But to hear Flightbag spouting off says a lot about our nemesis. I paid my union dues and in the end Pi$$ed away a lot of money.

FLight bag.... what has the union done for you? Still waiting for a contract eh? Oh yes, there was a TA and it brought you guys up to what us FLOPS guys are being paid. Everyone that thinks we are going to get 20%, 30 % or 100% payraises is nuts. You see a company has to be making money in order to pay it out in Salaries. I have yet to see a fractional that is truly in the black yet! If you guys are so gung ho... I suggest you strike and show us all up! Do you think the company will survive a strike? Try it and FLOPS will absorb every bit of business you had and will ever get.

Imagine Joe millionare calling up to have his pretty little NJA Citation pick him up and take him to Vegas for his Million dollar business deal and OOOPS "I am sorry, our pilots are on strike today and your aircraft is parked in CHicago... Please leave me your information and when we get this straightened out we'll give ya a call and schedule that for a later date". You think OL' Joe is going to choose a company with a Union again? Think long and hard Fellas!!!!

I agree that the FLOPS guys need to step in and stop a bad trend, but a new union needs to be formed tailored to Fractional needs. Flightbag has absolutely no room to talk at the moment and I would much rather be at FLOPS without a union than to be at NJA with a union right now. With that much experience, why are you at NJA? I would be retired and enjoying the good life at this point.

Well on a better note... be safe to all of us, cause each accident no matter who's tail number will cost all of us in the long run

Peace

Last edited:
Here we go again

FLight bag.... what has the union done for you? Still waiting for a contract eh? Oh yes, they did give you a TA and it brought you guys up to what us FLOPS guys are being paid. Everyone that thinks we are going to get 20%, 30 % or 100% payraises is nuts. You see a company has to be making money in order to pay it out in Salaries. I have yet to see a fractional that is truly in the black yet! If you guys are so gung ho... I suggest you strike and show us all up! Do you think the company will survive a strike? Try it and FLOPS will absorb every bit of business you had and will ever get.
If you paid dues to a union as you claim, then you would know that a union doesn't just hand you a contract. Nothing has been given to us and nothing will ever be given to us. It has to be negotiated. The T/A that was endorsed by our former MEC DID NOT bring our pay up to the enormous salary that you make, it was in fact a pay cut for most of us. Your cute statement about a fractional that needs to make money before it can pay its pilots is way off. Employee salaries are a cost of doing business. Obviously you haven't looked very hard if you "have yet to see a fractional that is truly in the black", NJA happens to be one of them. We may just have to strike and you are going to need quite a few more airplanes if you plan on picking up our slack boss.

NetJets won't strike. The Union wouldn't allow it and I don't think a vote would pass to allow a strike.

When was the last pilot strike by anyone (airlines included)?

That's my 2 cents.

The Union won't allow it? We are the union, we take the vote. Col. Angus may be right, the IBT is getting closer to decertification by the NJA pilot group.

Hey douchebag...err, flightbag...

Tell us what you look like so one of us can "take a walk" with you. You remind me of this shmuck I used to fly with when I was at FLOPs. Since I no longer work there, perhaps you and I can go for a walk since I don't have anything to lose.

again and again

Well I have to applogize for my ignorance in the financial position of N/J. Having heard from at least 3 of your pilots (2 of them goodfreinds of mine) my understanding was that N/J was still in the Red (and remember that BH is a lot more than just NJ). If what you say is true then By all means you deserve more pay, and I am all for that. I guess my question was never answered to the previous post as to "what has your union done for you"? I am not trying to be an A$$ about it, but you and others are pro-union and I would like to know why. Have they protected you? How have they bettered your position as a pilot group at N/J? How long has it taken "your" MEC to submitt that garbage of a T/A? I would like to be "Sold" on why I should submit my card. Looking at the list of airlines that the Teamsters Represents...I am not to impressed. UPS is the only one that stands out in the crowd.

Are you in agreement that a strike would end the company? I am not sure how they could afford the amount of charter for even 1 day.

And yes you are right, we would need a ton of aircraft to attain the owners that would possibly migrate in the event of a strike. And quite frankly we still have a few airplanes that aren't even RVSM yet and I can't even begin to tell you the mess we are going to face Feb 17th. So the chance of us even making our own owners happy at this point is a Pipe dream.

Finally do you not agree with me in the fact that Teamsters might not be cutting it and that we need union representation that is more tailored toward the fractional industry?

Just my thoughts

Last edited:
No no!!!

Douchbag is mine! Please Waveoff. Let me have first crack at the a-hole!!

It would be my pleasure. I too have nothing to loose really,
well, at least if I do,
I guess I just don't give a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**!

Douchbag...

my only thoughts are bring it, don't sing it!

puss

inverted1 said:
Well I have to applogize for my ignorance in the financial position of N/J. Having heard from at least 3 of your pilots (2 of them goodfreinds of mine) my understanding was that N/J was still in the Red (and remember that BH is a lot more than just NJ). If what you say is true then By all means you deserve more pay, and I am all for that. I guess my question was never answered to the previous post as to "what has your union done for you"? I am not trying to be an A$$ about it, but you and others are pro-union and I would like to know why. Have they protected you? How have they bettered your position as a pilot group at N/J? How long has it taken "your" MEC to submitt that garbage of a T/A? I would like to be "Sold" on why I should submit my card. Looking at the list of airlines that the Teamsters Represents...I am not to impressed. UPS is the only one that stands out in the crowd.

Are you in agreement that a strike would end the company? I am not sure how they could afford the amount of charter for even 1 day.

And yes you are right, we would need a ton of aircraft to attain the owners that would possibly migrate in the event of a strike. And quite frankly we still have a few airplanes that aren't even RVSM yet and I can't even begin to tell you the mess we are going to face Feb 17th. So the chance of us even making our own owners happy at this point is a Pipe dream.

Finally do you not agree with me in the fact that Teamsters might not be cutting it and that we need union representation that is more tailored toward the fractional industry?

Just my thoughts
From the D.O.T.
NETJETS LARGE AIRCRAFT COMPANY, L.L.C.
(formerly BNJ Charter Company, L.L.C.) Docket OST-2004-18595​

On October 4, 2004, BNJC requested that the Department register its new corporate name "NetJets Large Aircraft Company, L.L.C." and reissue its certificates in its new name. On October ~ 19, we orally acknowledged the registration and change of BNJC's corporate-name to "NetJets Large Aircraft Company, L.L.C." and issued a notice confirming this action. In April 2004, the Department satisfactorily concluded a review of the carrier’s first year of operations. By letter dated November 3, 2004, the Department denied confidential treatment to NJLA’s cumulative income statement, as well as its balance sheet dated July 3 1, 2004. As a result, on November 24, 2004, the applicant filed this information in the public docket. Under NetJets’ ownership, NJLA will become a wholly owned subsidiary of NetJets Large Aircraft, Inc. (NLA), a Delaware corporation wholly owned by NetJets. NetJets is wholly owned by OBH, Inc., which, in turn, is wholly owned by Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.

Moreover, NJLA’s current financial condition is quite healthy. For the eight months ended August 3 1, 2004, the company earned net profits of $2.2 million on $5.6 million in operating revenues, and at July 31, 2004, it had approximately $4.8 million in cash, positive working capital of $6.6 million, and $6.5 million in total equity. Further, there are no outstanding judgments, charges of unfair or deceptive or anticompetitive actions, or accident or incident investigations open against the carrier.

Point well made...and yes I will eat my words! I agree, you need to make much more than you guys are... I just hope the union helps you get there.

Although this proves that N/J is financially able to pay you, It still does not answer the question of "What has the union done for you"?

Size 10.5 is hard to shove in but I will manage.

fly safe!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back