• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Toilet Seat Cover question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
also what was the tyler wojo incident the great lakes report referred to?

Captain Wojo explains to his B1900 full of pax that he needs to "check something" in the aft compartment. Performs the walk of shame, folds down the flap between the cabin and aft cargo, clambers over the last row of seats and the bulkhead, and restores the flap to it's closed position. Now in privacy, (albeit pitch darkness) and flailing about on top of the luggage heap, he retrieves a prepositioned hotel laundry bag from his suitcase (always prepared), and positions it over the aircraft's spare tire, an arrangmeent that yields convenience and comfort. Once nature has been eased, our good Captain ties off the laundry bag, repeats the maneuver and returns to his seat, calm, cool collected.

Do I have time to put down the ass gasket (those thin, waxy, tissue type toilet paper-like seat covers offered in public bathrooms- see link below) or should I just sit down on the Hepatitis infested bare toilet seat?

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=44435&highlight=diarreah+freighter

If you like the direction this thread is going, you'll love the link above.

I think the whole toilet seat thing is a bit overblown. I think 20/20 or some other type of investigative reporting show swabbed public toilet seats, door knobs, subway holding bars (the ones you hang onto when you're standing up) and other public hard surface type things and found that that public toilet seats actually were pretty clean compared to the others. If I remember correctly, I think one of the dirtiest things that they ended up swabbing were the subway holding bars, and most people grab onto those with their hands without even a second thought.

I think everyone overreacts when it comes to public toilets! If I have to deuce, I'm gonna go without thinking twice. I have flown with FOs that have to deuce all day from the first flight in the morning and refuse to use the airport restrooms. Instead the hold it all day until they get to the hotel. It's crazy!

I'll wipe the seat with toilet paper, then sit directly down on the seat. The paper covering is just too annoying. HOWEVER, I will use the cover if there is visible evidence of anything on the seat. Then the flap goes forward, to protect the boys and to not create a "flow" conflict between me and the water. I feel the session is far more comfortable and satisfying without the stupid paper cover.

We are far more suseptable to airborne germs that we breathe, than what's on a toilet seat. It's been proven that what we touch with our hands is far dirtier. I dunno about you guys, but my butt and legs don't come anywhere near
my mouth, nose and eyes. Those are the major gateway points for germs.

Last edited:
Captain Wojo explains to his B1900 full of pax that he needs to "check something" in the aft compartment. Performs the walk of shame, folds down the flap between the cabin and aft cargo, clambers over the last row of seats and the bulkhead, and restores the flap to it's closed position. Now in privacy, (albeit pitch darkness) and flailing about on top of the luggage heap, he retrieves a prepositioned hotel laundry bag from his suitcase (always prepared), and positions it over the aircraft's spare tire, an arrangmeent that yields convenience and comfort. Once nature has been eased, our good Captain ties off the laundry bag, repeats the maneuver and returns to his seat, calm, cool collected.

I flew with Wojo myself and when we passed through 10 I said, "ok dude, lets here it, tell me the story about you taking a dump in the cargo compartment." Here's what he told me: He had diarrhea enroute so the only thing he could think to do is take down the bulkhead and climb into the cargo compartment. He told the passengers in the back row, one of them being a hot female, that they just got a call on the radio and that he had to go into the cargo compartment and check to see if a certain bag was there. Once in the cargo compartment with the bulkhead back in place, he shat into the tupperware that holds spare bulbs, ignitors, etc. He then climbed back into the cabin, passed the hot lady, and back to the cockpit.

There are several reasons I think the story is BS. One, how could you see in a pitch black cargo compartment. Two, nobody has enough dexterity to take down the bulkhead of a be1900, climb over the back rows of seats and into the cargo compartment all while fighting off the urge to sneeze out of your ass at the same time. Three, everytime I hear the story it has some major discrepancies compared to the story he told me. With all that said, the story is still legendary as evidenced by the passion in which it is still told.

Last edited:
I like the demostration. However it doesn't seem complete. At what point are you suppose to urinate all over the seat and on the toilet paper roll?

NOW I just about shat myself laughing at that!

What about recycling the paper a$$-gasket in these environmentally conscious times? You've really only pressed the ham to one side - stuff it back in the dispenser for the next person to use! They'll see how eco-friendly you are and say "thank you" (well, at least it will probably rhyme with "thank you").

This has to be the funniest thing I have ever read. EVER.

Then you need to go to the cargo forum, take a few days and a case of beer and go through the "diarrhea on a freighter" thread...

all 50 pages or whatever it's up to!

Course we had "Captain Poopy-pants" at Crapex er Corpex-he didn't get to use the assgasket-he used the sheepskin seat cushion of the jetstream and had himself a mud jacuzzi!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back