Today's Wallstreet Journal, page B3...Union Strong

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bud,

We have already received Hansell's contract "offer." He calls it the Four Pillars. Did you read it?

It's a total non-starter but they have no incentive to actually negotiate in good faith unless we give them the incentive. Every day without a new contract is money saved in the company's pocket. Hence the ad campaign, the picketing, and the other union activities we're beginning to see.

It is all part of the process of negotiating a contract, especially one governed by the Railway Labor Act. I get that you haven't been down this road before. But l implore you to listen more closely to some of those that HAVE. My wife has a strike star on her ALPA wings because of a horrible, intransigent, arrogant CEO that cost his airline more in the two weeks of the strike than the union's contract proposal would have cost over the LIFETIME of the contract.

We have the exact same scenario developing here unless we get Uncle Warren to PAY ATTENTION. And yes, we need to embarrass Omaha. It is the ONLY way to get rid of Hansell and that is the only way to get this train back on the rails. If you can't recognize that, then I'm probably wasting bandwidth.

Maybe if we could get Billy Noe to actually do his job, including prevailing on Warren to sack Hansell, things would be ok.

G4,

Without saying too much...many things and many people have changed.

I'm guess so. What puzzles me is that the people I fly with are frustrated by CMH's incompetence, but I am not hearing anything like what Gutshotdraw and others are saying about mistreatment and plots to do bad things to us as a group. And I am not experiencing what Gutshot and others are saying either. In other words. I am not an observer from the outside, so why is what y'all are saying such a surprise to me? I fly the same planes and work for the same people. By the way, almost ALL companies are criticized by their motivated employees. We all think we have better ideas.

Simple question.

Did you read Hansell's "offer" that was rejected by the union?

G4 you have your head in the sand. If you haven't noticed the changes, read the company positions, emails, and threats, you truly are detached from reality. You lose all credibility when you don't even take the time to be informed of what is going on at Netjets. I suggest you start by reading the companies four pillars. This is their position. The evil union did not create this offer. This was written by Jordan Hansell. He owns it.

G4 you have your head in the sand. If you haven't noticed the changes, read the company positions, emails, and threats, you truly are detached from reality. You lose all credibility when you don't even take the time to be informed of what is going on at Netjets. I suggest you start by reading the companies four pillars. This is their position. The evil union did not create this offer. This was written by Jordan Hansell. He owns it.

I smell managements hand in his posts.... There is no way a pilot in this day and age, with any level of experience, can be this out of touch with their company and what is happening.

Actually, no. He's just a VERY conservative guy with an inherent distrust of unions. His work experience has always been in private aviation and he's never seen a management-union relationship up close before.

G4 really is a decent person with enough intellectual honesty to come on here, ask questions, and engage opposing viewpoints in a respectful manner. Getting through to him is proving a difficult task but hope springs eternal. He's nothing if not stubborn:smash:

He's right about one thing though. It's pretty much impossible to have an open, respectful dialogue on the echo chamber known as the union message board. Education, persuasion, and mutual respect quickly and predictably give way to name calling, browbeating, and derision. Not that FI is THAT much better.

And if anybody can't recognize THAT as being true, then you're sticking your head in the sand in much the same way as some accuse G4.

Last edited:
Actually, no. He's just a VERY conservative guy with an inherent distrust of unions. His work experience has always been in private aviation and he's never seen a management-union relationship up close before.

G4 really is a decent person with enough intellectual honesty to come on here, ask questions, and engage opposing viewpoints in a respectful manner. Getting through to him is proving a difficult task but hope springs eternal. He's nothing if not stubborn:smash:

He's right about one thing though. It's pretty much impossible to have an open, respectful dialogue on the echo chamber known as the union message board. Education, persuasion, and mutual respect quickly and predictably give way to name calling, browbeating, and derision. Not that FI is THAT much better.

And if anybody can't recognize THAT as being true, then you're sticking your head in the sand in much the same way as some accuse G4.

Thanks! But stubborn? I hope not. Regarding the latest proposal from NJA, my view is that all this is part of the negotiation. They lowball, we counter with much higher numbers, back and forth, inching closer to a deal. Why get outraged in the middle of the process? They want us to fly for peanuts, we want to make a LOT of money. An agreement will be reached and we will THEN read it and vote it up or down.

Ah, but a Tentative Agreement won't even be reached UNLESS the union applies some pressure. THAT is why the picket this weekend, the ads in the WSJ, the stories in AIN, etc.

Jordy and company would be happy as clams to ride the status quo for, well, basically ever.

Three months ago, there was ZERO incentive for the company to negotiate. Now, there is. Even as loathe as they are to admit it.

An education program is moving G4 to your side much better than ranting, insults and name calling, which we seem to experience here on FI if you are not 100% pro-union nuclear option and 100% anti-management. If fact the biggest insult one can get here even worse than SCAB, is to be called a managment puke.

Latest resources

Back