• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today's Wallstreet Journal, page B3...Union Strong

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think Prsident Obama embarrasses. He truly believes what he is doing is the right thing. Gotta admire that, while hoping he changes course, which he won't.

You could say the same thing about Jordan, but in the end they are both misguided fools, suffering from their own hubris.

Yip, and my amigo G4,

Read this post again. Pervis GETS IT. This post is a great summation of the current situation.

Two years ago, if you had asked me if I would ever walk circles with a sign, I would have told you to seek an immediate drug test. But that is EXACTLY what I will be doing this weekend.

Jordan Hansell has GOT TO GO and the ONLY way this company and our jobs can be saved will be to EMBARRASS Omaha to the point that a change is made. Both in "leadership" and management philosophy.

If the company burns down, it will be WB's fault, not the union's.
Thank you for a civil professional response. Not a typical FI response with name calling, etc. I am in sympathy with you guys and as I have posted before. I hope no nuc's are used and it is a win-win for both sides and no one loses their jobs so they have to come back to the on-demand jobs at KYIP.

Pervis makes good posts, but this one seems to be overstated and inflammatory, with all due respect to Pervis. Hansell needs to go, along with his lawyer friends and the accountants he spawned, however. As for the walking in circles with a sign, why don't we wait for the actual new contract offering before we respond?

Not overstated at all. Totally rational and fact-based assessment of our company.

You won't GET to a complete proposal unless and until the EMT is motivated to engage in real negotiations

Wasn't inflammatory either. But guess what? It's TIME to get inflamed about the damage the EMT is doing to our brand, our customers, and our careers.

This will probably start a "two wrongs don't make a right" argument, so be it. If management has started out by using fear and intimidation to try and force a concessionary contract then one could only reason that they will only respond to the same to prevent one. If they aren't afraid that the pilots will stay strong and stick to their guns there is no motivation to negotiate in good faith.

He's pretty good at embarrassing himself...

When a person's philosophy is not based on reality, I guess the bad results of the policies don't affect him. He just keeps going, convinced that what he is doing will work. We need to be more careful who we elect President, I guess.

This will probably start a "two wrongs don't make a right" argument, so be it. If management has started out by using fear and intimidation to try and force a concessionary contract then one could only reason that they will only respond to the same to prevent one. If they aren't afraid that the pilots will stay strong and stick to their guns there is no motivation to negotiate in good faith.

This is my first contract negotiation, so y'all might be right. I always thought the committee would hammer out the best contract offer they could get for us, we would look at it and decide if we want to protract the negotiations or vote it up or down. THEN do the ads in the Wall Street Journal and informational picketing, etc. I don't quite understand why the union would try to embarrass management and anger our owners while we are in the initial stages of working on the first contract offering. But, like I say, this is my first rodeo.

....I don't quite understand why the union would try to embarrass management and anger our owners while we are in the initial stages of working on the first contract offering. But, like I say, this is my first rodeo.

I have yet to meet an owner "angry" about the information campaign. In fact, those who have asked me about it have been supportive.

I have however meet my fair share of owners "angry" at the direction the current EMT is steering the company.

This is my first contract negotiation, so y'all might be right. I always thought the committee would hammer out the best contract offer they could get for us, we would look at it and decide if we want to protract the negotiations or vote it up or down. THEN do the ads in the Wall Street Journal and informational picketing, etc. I don't quite understand why the union would try to embarrass management and anger our owners while we are in the initial stages of working on the first contract offering. But, like I say, this is my first rodeo.

Bud,

We have already received Hansell's contract "offer." He calls it the Four Pillars. Did you read it?

It's a total non-starter but they have no incentive to actually negotiate in good faith unless we give them the incentive. Every day without a new contract is money saved in the company's pocket. Hence the ad campaign, the picketing, and the other union activities we're beginning to see.

It is all part of the process of negotiating a contract, especially one governed by the Railway Labor Act. I get that you haven't been down this road before. But l implore you to listen more closely to some of those that HAVE. My wife has a strike star on her ALPA wings because of a horrible, intransigent, arrogant CEO that cost his airline more in the two weeks of the strike than the union's contract proposal would have cost over the LIFETIME of the contract.

We have the exact same scenario developing here unless we get Uncle Warren to PAY ATTENTION. And yes, we need to embarrass Omaha. It is the ONLY way to get rid of Hansell and that is the only way to get this train back on the rails. If you can't recognize that, then I'm probably wasting bandwidth.

Latest resources

Back