• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today's USA Today (July 22), Page 5b

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really don't see how stuff like this really helps anyone. I don't think your really gonna get any activists to help. Your gonna get the general public receiving one message . DON'T FLY US AIR.

The incident related in the advertisement is not even remotely close to what happened other than the fact that the captain ceded her authority to every Tom, Dick and Harry that happened upon the scene. Rather than stand on the facts of the situation at hand she caved in fear to people who have no authority over her. If this is the kind of command presence the East crews exhibit I wouldn't want to be on their aircraft either.

Whats interesting is she could have called the cops and had corporate security arrested for interfering with a flight crew.

The incident related in the advertisement is not even remotely close to what happened other than the fact that the captain ceded her authority to every Tom, Dick and Harry that happened upon the scene. Rather than stand on the facts of the situation at hand she caved in fear to people who have no authority over her. If this is the kind of command presence the East crews exhibit I wouldn't want to be on their aircraft either.

It's funny that you wont tell us what really happened. In the other thread I did.

...but apparently her F/O and two other CREWS felt the same way. Maybe you should reconsider.

I would say you are incorrect in that assumption propagated by a less than truthful union. The plane was fixed. It didn't take a temper tantrum to have that happen. All it took was a captain calmly and professionally asking for the service.

The captain in question is one of the union people advocating for an ill advised safety campaign in an attempt to bring leverage to the negotiating table. This stunt was pulled in furtherence of that campaign.

As a long time union volunteer - not for the USAPA outfit - I can say without reservation that most pilots at our airline stand in abhorrance at the level some here are willing to stoop. Using the safety card is about as low as you can go in furtherence of a political goal.

I really don't see how stuff like this really helps anyone. I don't think your really gonna get any activists to help. Your gonna get the general public receiving one message . DON'T FLY US AIR.

+1. My questions is what can (legally) happen to the captain if the MEL and the FARs allow a trans-Atlantic flight under those above mentioned conditions. If the airplane was legally dispatched to go, then USAPA's argument of "illegality" and "unsafe" is fruitless. I can see this ad backfiring quickly...

Anyone here with a 757/767 or A330 MEL?

Latest resources

Back