• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To those pilots who own a house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People voted in favor of what he campaigned for. But the president isn't governing the same way he campaigned. He campaigned more in the middle, and is governing way to the left. I had high hopes for our president, and saw his election as proof that anyone can succeed at anything in our nation. But it turns out he isn't what he said he was. The moderate dem and gop voters have been misled, and because of this the president will be a single-termer.

Americans would like positive change in the way our government does business, but not change in the foundations of our constitution. I would suggest if it's our constitution you don't like, find a country with one you do, and go there. Oh, but there isn't a country with a better constitution. That says something about what we have in the U.S. and should motivate us to preserve it.

PS I'm sure all this has something to do with loan modification.

People voted in favor of what he campaigned for. But the president isn't governing the same way he campaigned. He campaigned more in the middle, and is governing way to the left. I had high hopes for our president, and saw his election as proof that anyone can succeed at anything in our nation. But it turns out he isn't what he said he was. The moderate dem and gop voters have been misled, and because of this the president will be a single-termer.

Americans would like positive change in the way our government does business, but not change in the foundations of our constitution. I would suggest if it's our constitution you don't like, find a country with one you do, and go there. Oh, but there isn't a country with a better constitution. That says something about what we have in the U.S. and should motivate us to preserve it.

Why is this a shock to anyone. I saw right through the facade, the two things he had in his corner were he could talk well and the media loved him. The man has no substance. If you look at the people he surounded himself throughout his political career, it should come as no shock to how he's governing. The whole cash for clunkers was the biggest joke. Gee, I have an older car, paid off, but why don't I trade it in and go into more debt in this economy with a brand new car payment. But the pied piper said it was good and the lemmings followed. Do I think he is the end of America, no, her foundations are too strong. But if you look at Government throughout our history it never gets smaller, only larger. Once one more Government program is instituted, it never ever goes away, ever. So the more he grows it, the worse it gets. Here's to higher taxes in 2011.

You know why he won the election, his sleeves. He would give his speech, promptly remove his sport coat and role up his sleeves... "oh! did you see that, he rolled his sleeves up to his elbow, he's one of us, he understands. OBAMA!!! OBAMA!!!!..." This last election and the elections to come are nothing more than American President Idol, thanks media.

Oh, and here's another familiar feeling that leads to all warm and fuzzies- Our military leaders are telling him what they need to combat the enemy, but he knows better, especially since he's never laced up boots and grabbed a rifle in his life. Oh and that idiot Biden, we don't need more troops we can defeat them with technology. How well has that worked in the past? Even with GWI, all the technology we threw at them for 100 days, it was still won by boots on the ground.

Back on Thread Topic....

What if you have a home but find a new job 3000 miles away and need to MOVE (no commuting) you put your home up for sale and no buyers are in sight?

My friend is in this position and it made me think about it....?

What can he do?

1. Defualt on his mortgage?
2. Short sale? But the bank might not go for this......
3. Chapter 11,13 BK?

I would think that most people that are "walking away" from there homes are doing so becuase of job relocation, or losing their job all together.....

Fantastic you served in the military you still hate fellow americans who aren't exactly like you. Get used to change bud this country is evolving. This is the future don't like go to Alaska with your fav female gov. Oh wait she couldn't handle change. This country has come a long way in the last year we are no longer the laughing stock of the WORLD! Keep kicking and screaming your kids will replace your generation with clearer minds. Sad that it takes old age for folks like you to learn compassion. Or you just get angrier and the HNC will diagnose you with paranoid dimensa and the death panel will take you out "behind the barn". Lol sarcasm is so funny. Best of luck hater.
Liberals are an angry bunch......

Could care less you guys are such walking contradictions. Keep raging keep hating your fellow americans.
You care too much meatball......you cannot stand that this country is right of center.....and you hate all who disagree with you. Us on the right just pity you and your nearsighted views of the world. Leftist policies have never worked.......or can you name one?

"The real friends of the Constitution in its federal form, if they wish it to be immortal, should be attentive, by amendments, to make it keep pace with the advance of the age in science and experience. Instead of this, the European governments have resisted reformation until the people, seeing no other resource, undertake it themselves by force, their only weapon, and work it out through blood, desolation and long-continued anarchy." --Thomas Jefferson to Robert J. Garnett, 1824. ME 16:15
We can send quotes back back and forth all day, touting our side. Regardless, the constitution is a fluid document. Jefferson foresaw the need for this. We are in a new civilization with much greater opportunities. The majority of western European countries surpass us with worker productivity, average life span, healthcare, worker rules/rights, pay, vacation. They have elvolved while we have stagnated.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
Jefferson to Thomas Cooper Nov 29,1802 Jefferson wrote this in regards to our new country and the fiscal responsibility of the government to its citizens. This all depends on your definition of “wasting labors.” I do not view this loan modification program as wasting labor. It is in response to a under regulated loan industry that has bankrupted many families. Yes people need to read their loan paperwork. There was rampant predatory lending during the housing boom. Many people were conned. Owning a home is privelage. Is it cheaper (for the govt) to help a family stay in a home or incure the potential costs of welfare, WIC, Medicaid etc? I'm sure economist have delved much deeper into this than we can.

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."
Jefferson never said this according to the database of Jefferson’s works compiled by the University of Virgina.
http://etext.virginia.edu/jefferson/quotations/index.html

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Jefferson never said this. http://wiki.monticello.org/mediawiki/index.php/Bad_government_results_from_too_much_government

"Never spend your money before you have earned it."
Couldn’t agree more!!!

"One man with courage is a majority."
Your quote is taken out of context. He wrote this in reference to the emancipation of Slavery. I agree with this statement.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Jefferson never said this. Henry David Thoreau did.
http://thinkexist.com/quotation/that_government_is_best_which_governs_the_least/12141.html
Our government is run by elected officials whom we have chosen to maintain discipline. I agree with this statement as well.

"Speeches that are measured by the hour will die with the hour."
What does this have to do with loan modifications???

An finally..."The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Once again Jefferson never stated this.
http://wiki.monticello.org/mediawiki/index.php/The_democracy_will_cease_to_exist

Thanks for getting me into old books and net. This meatball loves this country dearly, I don’t hate “the right” I do pity their protectionism issues. We can do so much more if we work together and support one another. Even if a few slackers will free-ride. We have lost our economic power to China, India and Europe. We must evolve or we will surely fail.

Last edited:
"The real friends of the Constitution in its federal form, if they wish it to be immortal, should be attentive, by amendments, to make it keep pace with the advance of the age in science and experience. Instead of this, the European governments have resisted reformation until the people, seeing no other resource, undertake it themselves by force, their only weapon, and work it out through blood, desolation and long-continued anarchy." --Thomas Jefferson to Robert J. Garnett, 1824. ME 16:15
We can send quotes back back and forth all day, touting our side. Regardless, the constitution is a fluid document. Jefferson foresaw the need for this. We are in a new civilization with much greater opportunities. The majority of western European countries surpass us with worker productivity, average life span, healthcare, worker rules/rights, pay, vacation. They have elvolved while we have stagnated. Of course the Constitution is a fluid document, it was designed to be. The problem is that it interpretation is abused. Too much info to post so here's the link to some abuses of the constitution: http://www.constitution.org/cs_abuse.htm

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
Jefferson to Thomas Cooper Nov 29,1802 Jefferson wrote this in regards to our new country and the fiscal responsibility of the government to its citizens. This all depends on your definition of “wasting labors.” I do not view this loan modification program as wasting labor. It is in response to a under regulated loan industry that has bankrupted many families. Yes people need to read their loan paperwork. There was rampant predatory lending during the housing boom. Many people were conned. Owning a home is privelage. Is it cheaper (for the govt) to help a family stay in a home or incure the potential costs of welfare, WIC, Medicaid etc? I'm sure economist have delved much deeper into this than we can. I have no problem with the program itself as it was intended, however, when someone suggests taking advantage of it because of their own irresponsibility then that's an issue we should all be concerned about.

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."
Jefferson never said this according to the database of Jefferson’s works compiled by the University of Virgina.
http://etext.virginia.edu/jefferson/quotations/index.html

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Jefferson never said this. http://wiki.monticello.org/mediawiki/index.php/Bad_government_results_from_too_much_government

"Never spend your money before you have earned it."
Couldn’t agree more!!!

"One man with courage is a majority."
Your quote is taken out of context. He wrote this in reference to the emancipation of Slavery. I agree with this statement. How was it taken out of context? I picked this quote because our liberal leaders have vilified anyone who dissents from their opinion. My point was stand up for your beliefs.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Jefferson never said this. Henry David Thoreau did.
http://thinkexist.com/quotation/that_government_is_best_which_governs_the_least/12141.html
Our government is run by elected officials whom we have chosen to maintain discipline. I agree with this statement as well.Yep, you are correct, it was Thoreau. Based off your earlier rants how can you say you agree with this statement? The key part of the statement is"people discipline themselves", i.e. not abusing gov't programs intended to help those who temporarily can't help themselves.

"Speeches that are measured by the hour will die with the hour."
What does this have to do with loan modifications???Nothing. I picked this quote because Obama fooled voters to think he was going to be a moderate President. Who has given more speeches in his first 9 months as President? He is very smart and an eloquent public speaker who thinks he can manipulate the general public to approve his very liberal agenda. I think Americans are smart and now see his true intent.

An finally..."The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Once again Jefferson never stated this.
http://wiki.monticello.org/mediawiki/index.php/The_democracy_will_cease_to_exist

Thanks for getting me into old books and net. This meatball loves this country dearly, I don’t hate “the right” I do pity their protectionism issues. We can do so much more if we work together and support one another. Even if a few slackers will free-ride. We have lost our economic power to China, India and Europe. We must evolve or we will surely fail.

Wow, totally different writing style from previous posts. Who helped you?

You're right, in my haste to respond I found a quick site that attributed these quotes to Jefferson. I need to do my research better next time, at least I admit when I make mistakes. Unfortunately with thousands of Jefferson quotes it's easy to quickly make this mistake, I apologize for the misquotes.

However, it still does not change my argument about the many abuses in a large government.

Last edited:
Sadly for you the people spoke last November in favor of government. If YOU hate government so much you don't need to live in the U.S. I hear Somalia has little government AND great beaches!

Apparently you missed history class. No govt = anarchy. Too much govt = dictatorship. The MIDDLE is where we should be. Remember the constitution? That little document gave the framework for a LIMITED federal govt thereby allowing the states to govern as required.

And I'm sure you can speak very intelligently about Somalia because you've been there huh???

Wow, totally different writing style from previous posts. Who helped you?

You're right, in my haste to respond I found a quick site that attributed these quotes to Jefferson. I need to do my research better next time, at least I admit when I make mistakes. Unfortunately with thousands of Jefferson quotes it's easy to quickly make this mistake, I apologize for the misquotes.

However, it still does not change my argument about the many abuses in a large government.

Kudos to both of you for having a spirited, intellectual and respectful debate!

Latest resources

Back