• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To the Gulfstream crew at TEB...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're right. 1700 is a bit optimistic. Must have been a slip of the finger on the keyboard or just a brain f@rt on my part. We do get 1500 figuring no wind and land with 1200 lbs.

Gulfstream 200 said:
big paycheck in a Citation I as opposed to crap money in a G550?

just not how it works pounder.

Now, one can argue they like to stay home more and love the Citation, but they are usually full of crap and would jump on the opportunity to fly a G5 for a good company and make G money.

It also works the other way...lots of G flyers always say "hey, Id kill to fly a King Air...har,har" but again, they are full of crap, thier G-esus Egos would shatter and they would shrivel up if they had to give up that left seat perch in a G5.

(Just a generalization)

I can tell you that I am not full of crap, and that I love flying my Citation ISP. I would definetely not jump on the opportunity to fly a G5. Maybe thats because I already make G money (if not more).
I have had the chance to interview for a G4 job but didn't take it. I just have no desire to be gone for extended periods of time to foreign places.
Gulfstreams are extremely sexy airplanes and it must be cool to be able to say you fly one, but its not for everyone.
Flying is flying and I would fly a 150 everyday if the price was right.

Cheebs501 said:
Gulfstreams are extremely sexy airplanes and it must be cool to be able to say you fly one, but its not for everyone.
Geez, when I was at Gulfstream school, they told us "You have arrived, you are flying the best of the best!"... So I figured, "All right, can't wait to get home and put this new found fortune to work!" :nuts:

When my mortgage payment was due, I told my mortgage company "Hey I fly a G-V now!" They still wanted their full payment (how rude!, they must have not got the memo)... :(

When I went to get gas in my car at $3.29/gal I told the gas station owner, "Hey, I fly a G-V now!" and the gas still cost me $3.29/gal...(I was like WTF? He didn't get the memo either??? Dang post office!):mad:

So then I stopped in at Starbucks figuring for sure I'd get a free cup of coffee, (Pilots drink LOTS of coffee, for SURE Starbuck corporate got the memo and distributed it accordingly, this was guaranteed to work!). I walk in and ordered, when she told me how much it was I said "Hey, I fly a G-V now!", $4.50 later I was walking out with my Venti Mocha... And it wasn't even that good... :angryfire

Doesn't flying "the best of the best" come with free stuff??? :confused: :crying:

Cheebs501 said:
Flying is flying and I would fly a 150 everyday if the price was right.
I couldn't agree more... However could we make that 150 a King Air at least.. I'm too old to depend on the reliability of a piston or even a single engine for any significant amount of time anymore...

Falcon Capt said:
I couldn't agree more... However could we make that 150 a King Air at least.. I'm too old to depend on the reliability of a piston or even a single engine for any significant amount of time anymore...

I agree as well... For what they pay me to PIC a Lear 31A the right seat of a G-IV would be a lateral move at best... Salary aside, I'd still probably jump at a Gulfstream job for reasons of overall earning's potential ... Doesn't matter, I'm still not qualified for a Gulfstream with over 4000 hrs. Maybe 5000 is the majic number ????

Any advice from you G drivers out there ??? Where's T.C. when you need him ??? :D

Last edited:
Trust me, If you can fly a Lear you can fly a Gulfstream. The Gulfstream is a very easy airplane to fly. It's like a big, powerfull truck. And as the saying goes,"if you can fly a lear, you can fly anything!"

-fatburger-

h25b said:
Any advice from you G drivers out there ??? Where's T.C. when you need him ??? :D

Mr. TC is still involved in the American Eagle Pi$$ing Contest being held on another thread. He will return shortly... :D

Signed,

Mr. TC's Personal Assistant
(You know, ALL Gulfstream pilots have Personal Assistants)

AA717driver said:
Mr. TC is still involved in the American Eagle Pi$$ing Contest being held on another thread. He will return shortly... :D

Signed,

Mr. TC's Personal Assistant
(You know, ALL Gulfstream pilots have Personal Assistants)

Thanks, anxiously awaiting his return... ROTFLMAO..:D As a Learjet pilot, you
have the option to go to uglypeople.com and pick out a personal assistant.

I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to enlighten the regional pilots..

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back