To the AirTran Guys.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Critter717

I got the ballot in the mail. Any idea where I can find the amended TA I'm to vote on?

They're uploading everything to the NPA site now.

The full C.O. (Company Offer - they're no longer calling it a T.A.) will likely not be available until later in the day.

There will be links in the email you get that have a "differences table" that they've prepared. You know how I feel about their "prepared tables", I personally think they should spin around if you click and drag them to represent what you're reading, but we'll see if they put out all the facts with them.

When they have the new C.O. (T.A., whatever) out for reading, I'll break down the changes and update the rebuttal in the link below this post in my sig.

When they have the new C.O. (T.A., whatever) out for reading, I'll break down the changes and update the rebuttal in the link below this post in my sig.

Hey Lear, any idea on why they are letting us vote on this "C.O." without even seeing or hearing about the details of it? I got my stuff in the mail and immediately cast my Yes,Yes,No but thought it was interesting that I was voting on something I havn't seen. I can only assume it is moot because they are recommending a NO vote anyway.

Well, I'm guessing it's because it's not legal to pass it without it being a Tentative Agreement per the RLA.

You could get a 100% Yes vote and, without it being endorsed by the BoD as a T.A., you couldn't pass it.

My guess is it was done to just "get it over with", although I had *heard* a rumor that AP would resign if he couldn't get a T.A. passed. Would certainly be the "graceful" way to exit the building and return to the line.

My issue is with whom do we replace them with? The President's post will have to be replaced, the V.P. spot will likely go unfilled until the Nov election.

I was leaning away from getting involved at that level but it depends on how the candidates who come forward present their agendas and beliefs...

The next 30-45 days will definitely be interesting.

the new info (latest offer) has been on the NPA website since about 11am this morning.. the 3 links are in upper right corner. they are pdf files.

i'm voting no........ no change in the minimum day...

contact your spc chair....

Already voted no and yes to recall both!
Don't need to read this version. If it is even close to the first TA it is not worth anyones time.They proved that they can not lead and that they are way to scared of the company falling for all of the Midwest Hype.

T.A. changes - initial differences (I haven't had time to go over the full document yet). Everywhere you see a * is where they NEGLECTED TO MENTION things that are still concessionary that exist in the new C.O.

Section 0: Definitions. Still missing several key definitions that were contentious in negotiations. *

Section 1: Scope. Still allows 79-86 seat RJ's, with a cap of 25 as a hard number for 79-86 seaters instead of ASM tied.
- Less than 79 seats are still tied to ASM's which makes this section still a concession. *
- Turboprops still unlimited. *
- 100-seat jet rates and references removed.
- Successorship and Merger still did not bind AirTran Holdings. *

Section 2:
- Loss of Window/Aisle seat still exists. *
- Still no guarantee of jumpseat fee waiving remaining permanent. *

Section 3: no changes

Section 4: Compensation
- Core block still exists, option to opt-out at end of 1st year.
- Loss of door close still exists *
- 100 seat jet pay rates removed.
- Pay cut to $38.50 for new hires still exists *
- 737-800 still re-classified as a SNB aircraft *
- 4.5 Average Day still exists. *

Section 5: Scheduling
- LVI definition minor modification, has no impact from previous T.A.
- Removed MDO's
- Gained 12 days off hard for reserve pilots but lost 5 hours of pay off guarantee to do it.
- Regular lineholder can drop below guarantee in SAP if they put a request in for it.
- Reserve pilots can now be released by using CrewTrac/FLICA instead of having to call in.
- Modified "crew scheduling approval" language to mean FLICA allowance = crew scheduling approval.
- Fixed loophole to check for min days required off if extended into day off.
- TR changed to allow for only 2 moves to short-call during the month. Still insufficient protection to actually have Tactical Reserve lines in the final line assignments.
- CA's can refuse right-seat assignments.
- New language allows them to move certain dates in the timeline of the monthly bid process. * Undisclosed change from either the proposed T.A. or the new C.O.
- They mention a new "coverage check" for daily open time swaps. I'm having a hard time finding it without a printed copy - too much to scroll through 200 pages of e-document. Will try to figure it out later.

Section 6-11: no major changes I could see initially.

Section 12: Insurance
- Change to Platinum PPO - pilots already enrolled are grandfathered and can keep it indefinitely. No one else can enroll in it, however. Ever.
- Platinum PPO rates can go up 17.5% per year. Higher increases than anyone else. New restriction.

Section 13 and 14 - no major changes

Section 15: Retirement
- Under the original T.A., pilots who retired medically before age 60 would only be elligible for company rates for one year, then would go to COBRA. Under new C.O., these pilots keep company rates until elligible for medicare.
- If age 65 passes, this agreement for medical retirees goes away. If it doesn't pass, it will still go away unless the company and NPA can negotiate for it to remain this way.

More to follow...

All the other negative items in there from the rebuttal are still in the new T.A. There's just too many to relist, and no real reason to, as it should die on its own, especially with a NO vote from the BoD.

I will say one thing about Section 15. For us to give up core block, door close, min day, etc which hurts the VAST MAJORITY of the pilots and yet spend so much negotiating capital on something like medical retirees (which is maybe 1% of the pilot group) seems a little odd to me.

Did anyone else pick up on that?

Not that I think we should have ever given that up. Quite the opposite, just one of those things that make you go hmmm....

Shouldn't change anyone's No vote though, especially with no black helicopter threats looming. ;)

Latest resources

Back