• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To the AirTran Guys.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you want to know more about how the "average day" works, just get a FA to show you their schedule. I really wanted to believe that the new rigs on the TA would help get more flight time with less hours away from home and the 717 pairings they ran as a test appeared to support that view.

Tonight I had dinner with my FO and 2 FAs and we started talking about the avg day issue and one of the FAs had her trip sheet with her. Lo and behold, day 1 was about 7 hours, day 2 and 3 were both 1 leg and day 4 was about 7 hours. Total credit less than 19 hours. That sealed it once and for all for me. All the talk about "a 13 hour duty day will allow the company to fly us more" is BS! FAs can be scheduled 14 hours so us giving in to 13 won't do nuthin' for improving trips.

This is a much bigger issue than core or door close. Average day will be HOURS lost, not minutes.

BUH-By.....
EXACTLY!

Great to hear you say that! :)

SPREAD THE WORD!!

People who have no business in or around the NPA office in ANY CAPACITY:

Skipper Hyle
Brad Dunlap
Laura Backus
Noel Poirier
Chad Korb
David Asche
Dave Peck
Sean Sullivan
Allen Philpot
Dave Sabby
Mike Surapine

Add Russ Seltinright to that list. He was caught faxing the notes from past negotiating committee meetings to HQ. A real high class individual.

As for the average day, any pilot with at least 6 years seniority can tell you how much it sucks. We had a 4hr avg. in the last contract and a 4.5hr avg for the first few months of the current contract before we got the current hard pay per day.

I'm glad we all recognize how much Core Block will hit us in the wallet. Nothing will prevent the company from making the historical blocktime artificially low...you'll never underblock....welcome to actual block time pay on every leg.

Look at the difference in pay scales with and without core, that should give you an idea about how much core time is worth to the company.

Add Russ Seltinright to that list. He was caught faxing the notes from past negotiating committee meetings to HQ. A real high class individua.

If that is indeed the case, you might want to speak to a lawyer to see if you should hand that info over to the US Attorney. Smells kind of like "Watergate". Since you are in negotiations for a CBA, this could constitute wire fraud, a felony. I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but it could be worth a phone call.

There will be no changes until the guys that have had a strangle hold on NPA leadership are ALL handed their hats.

We have a very deep bench, provided that guys are still willing to participate in union work.

People who have no business in or around the NPA office in ANY CAPACITY:

Skipper Hyle
Brad Dunlap
Laura Backus
Noel Poirier
Chad Korb
David Asche
Dave Peck
Sean Sullivan
Allen Philpot
Dave Sabby
Mike Surapine

Nothing will change until these over achievers are kept at arms length.

A completely fresh start is the answer. There is a huge amount of cash flowing into the NPA. We deserve Fair, Firm and Focused leadership.

There is no coincidence that we will continue to "take care of the boys" until a truly independent leadership is elected.

Of those mentioned above, I happened to hear and see two of them at the same time on the bus last week giving a brand new FO just starting her first trip off IOE a speech about everything that's going on....one on each side of her...hitting her with info from the parking lot to the spine.

She seemed to be lost in the whole thing....said she was trying to get her bearings having just started and being a former Independence Air pilot, she was more than happy to just be sitting there.

Latest resources

Back