• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To the AirNet Puke who stole my seat...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Depends if that guy owns a lot of stock. Add all his shares together and he might really own that seat!!! haha

Anyways, yes, no gun to their head to commute, but when you get that job in another city you know what your choices are. Bottom line is don't complain about commuting. If you don't like something then change it.

Realyman said:
Anyways, yes, no gun to their head to commute, but when you get that job in another city you know what your choices are. Bottom line is don't complain about commuting. If you don't like something then change it.

I think that's what he's trying to do. Reach out to the masses to make them aware of their decision making and how it negatively impacted his commute when they already had a seat.

Seems some AirNet guys will find the person involved and educate him on his decision making. The world has been improved.

jbDC9 said:
Wow, this thread is still going??

I found the opening post title line to be good for a laugh...

"To the AirNet Puke who stole my seat..."

Oh really now... YOUR seat? Do ya think maybe SWA or the captain might've thought differently? I'm pretty sure it's "their" seat. Kinda presumptuous, don'tcha think?

The CA DID want to put me on. If you read the entire post you would have seen that. But the ops agent overrode that. The CA was doing all he could. And the gate agent was not crazy about it either b/c the guy was so arrogant with him.
31 people on the plane. 31, and the ops agent would not let it happen. But like I said, I do not work for SWA so I will not comment on their policy, especially when the one at my airline is so lousy.

Smellthejeta,
Thanks for seeing the reality of commuting and having no choice in the issue.

Those of you who insist on slamming those of us who commute...Such as Realyman,
STFU. There IS a gun to a lot of our heads to commute. I moved once for an airline. Almost twice. Bases close, you get displaced, in short $hit happens (to put it in a term you can understand). It may have not happened to you, but it will, sooner or later. One day you too will experience the closure of a base, a cancelled class, an airline that goes belly-up or some other thing that makes you see what it is like. And I hope that some smarta$$ like yourself will tell you its all your fault.
Not everyone has the blessing of an endless wallet to keep moving or to have a base stay open. Or even have a job that stays!

Getting back to the issue, I have cooled off by now and would like to thank all the AirNet guys who have PMed me. I guess commuting is a brotherhood that only the ones who do it can understand.

FlyBunny,
I wasn't going to dignify "Checks'" post, but you know me and my ability to hold my opinions!:D

This thread is exactly why, when asked, I tell people I'm a racecar driver.

"Here's $50 in case I get drunk and call you a b*tch later."

Yes, commuting sucks, but you gotta suck it up.

I've been commuting for 5 years now which used to take 12 hours to complete.

How? XNA-CLT-PIT-CAK. Sucked big time.

However, some of us are stuck with it as a way of life and I'd rather than be stuck with it then to displace my wife from her family. It's easier for me to commute than to see my wife depressed because I made her up and move from a place we both love.

But heck, that's just me.

XNA=Northwest Arkansas

328dude: You sound like you got your priorities straight, which is a rarity on this board. Good show.

movingviolation said:
I'm sure he was trying to get back to his Mesa accademy, or maybe it was Gulfstream... 5 year reunion.

Grow up. These comments only embarass yourself and make others think this profession employs a bunch of immature high school jacka$$es.

Keep on message. The guy's actions are the problem. Have nothing to do with Mesa or Gulfstream.

And you wonder why everyone else hates us as a profession....it's nonsense like you posted that brings it down for ALL of us.

The plebe

328dude said:
Yes, commuting sucks, but you gotta suck it up.

I've been commuting for 5 years now which used to take 12 hours to complete.

How? XNA-CLT-PIT-CAK. Sucked big time.

However, some of us are stuck with it as a way of life and I'd rather than be stuck with it then to displace my wife from her family. It's easier for me to commute than to see my wife depressed because I made her up and move from a place we both love.

But heck, that's just me.

OK, the suspense is killing me. What's to love here in the rustbelt ? Especially the "Rubber City" ???

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back