• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To the AirNet Puke who stole my seat...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm.......I see a long and fruitful marriage in your future. No fair showing her your response to my post. How's a bottom feedin' divorce lawyer supposed to make a living with guys like you around ?

I just had to finally read this thread since it seems to be up to 6 pages now. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

ACATerry... you have got to be the biggest friggin' baby a$$ on these forums. You need to grow up, or better yet change your avatar to you sucking a nipple!

Next time you really should tell the whole story, because after reading your ORIGINAL tear jerking story... and then reading your followup rewrite of history....... followed by sudden amnesia to any and all specific details..... I realized that you probably showed up after this person already got the seat.

Then you decide to go on the internet and make an a$$ out of yourself in front of your peers. Real classy genius.

BTW - Its not YOUR seat jerk.... if it was... your butt would have been in it.

Angus said:
BTW - Its not YOUR seat jerk.... if it was... your butt would have been in it.

Guess *you* never had a gate agent screw you out of a seat, tell you you missed a checkin deadline that doesn't exist, or otherwise selectively enforced certain policies that they were making up as they went along. Non-revving for fun on another carrier is no picnic, having to do it because you have to is even worse. Count yourself lucky.

smellthejeta said:
Guess *you* never had a gate agent screw you out of a seat, tell you you missed a checkin deadline that doesn't exist, or otherwise selectively enforced certain policies that they were making up as they went along. Non-revving for fun on another carrier is no picnic, having to do it because you have to is even worse. Count yourself lucky.

No... it has NOTHING to do with luck.

First ... the seat does NOT belong to you. Its the airlines seat and Jumpseating is a PRIVILEGE.... NOT A RIGHT.

Second... 99% of the time if you show up early enough... it won't be an issue. If it does become an "issue"... then you did something wrong, because you should shut your mouth and move along..... hence no issue.

Finally... to get on the internet and threaten an employee by naming the company about "getting someone" or "I'll find you and get even", is immature high school BS, especially considering the fact that he doesn't even know some of the details of what actually happened to him.

ACATerry should be embarrassed for posting this immature, unprofessional, amatuer crap.

Angus said:
No... it has NOTHING to do with luck.

Really? There are such things as proper preplanning (like having a pass in case the J/S fills up), but if you think the whole process has NOTHING to do with luck, you don't have nearly the experience your profile says you do.

So tell me... if two guys show up for a jump seat, and the gate agent says "Guys, this flight's booked to 150 out of 100, only one of you will make it" and both of you get on the plane (seen it happen), that's luck in my book, 'cause making it ain't a sure thing.

As far as showing up on time... Apparently, the flights you fly or fly on never arrive late. If that is true, count your blessings, because you're lucky.

ACATerry should be embarrassed for posting this immature, unprofessional, amatuer crap.

Nah... There's a lot more immature uprofessional amatuer crap that goes around here that I'd be *much* more embarrassed about posting... anything in the arena of "You regional guys are all bottom feeders who are taking our mainline flying" (blame it on management) to "you guys are idiots for PFT'ing" (they are, but not for the reasons everybody wants to repeat) to a lot of the squabbling that goes on between DAL and CMR guys (boy does that fight run deep).

acaTerry strikes me as a dude who's company told one of their clients to take a hike, and in doing so endured a paycut. Then, he gets told, thanks for your hard work, hit the street, it wasn't enough... He obviously hasn't been around long enough to be a senior RJ captain making $100,000/yr, so that furlough wasn't exactly a prime time to take an unpaid vacation... After that he gotta start all over again at $23k/yr *AND* he gotta commute. Sure, ya all "been there, done that" but just because you have, doesn't mean it is any easier for *him*. (FWIW, I know two dudes at his company who are both under 30 and just saw their 3rd and 4th furloughs respectively.) These aren't pleasant times for most people, so let the dude blow off some steam.

Last edited:
smellthejeta said:
Really? There are such things as proper preplanning (like having a pass in case the J/S fills up), but if you think the whole process has NOTHING to do with luck, you don't have nearly the experience your profile says you do.

So tell me... if two guys show up for a jump seat, and the gate agent says "Guys, this flight's booked to 150 out of 100, only one of you will make it" and both of you get on the plane (seen it happen), that's luck in my book, 'cause making it ain't a sure thing.

As far as showing up on time... Apparently, the flights you fly or fly on never arrive late. If that is true, count your blessings, because you're lucky.

Nah... There's a lot more immature uprofessional amatuer crap that goes around here that I'd be *much* more embarrassed about posting... anything in the arena of "You regional guys are all bottom feeders who are taking our mainline flying" (blame it on management) to "you guys are idiots for PFT'ing" (they are, but not for the reasons everybody wants to repeat) to a lot of the squabbling that goes on between DAL and CMR guys (boy does that fight run deep).

acaTerry strikes me as a dude who's company told one of their clients to take a hike, and in doing so endured a paycut. Then, he gets told, thanks for your hard work, hit the street, it wasn't enough... He obviously hasn't been around long enough to be a senior RJ captain making $100,000/yr, so that furlough wasn't exactly a prime time to take an unpaid vacation... After that he gotta start all over again at $23k/yr *AND* he gotta commute. Sure, ya all "been there, done that" but just because you have, doesn't mean it is any easier for *him*. (FWIW, I know two dudes at his company who are both under 30 and just saw their 3rd and 4th furloughs respectively.) These aren't pleasant times for most people, so let the dude blow off some steam.

Wow..... WTF??

I just had to repost this 200 word essay of irrelevant dribble that you call a response..... a response that has NOTHING to do with the actual thread, the issue at hand, or my posts.

ACATerry was/is wrong to post his crybaby "where's MY jumpseat" complaint here.

I said it twice.... and I'll say it again: The act of jumpseating is a privilege... NOT a right. The "jumpseat" (cockpit or flight attendant, or actual pax seat) is given at the discretion of the gate agent and Captain....period! If some person shows up 30 seconds before door closing and bumps you.... even if there are 100 open cabin seats.... too bad... shut up and move along to your backup flight.

And if you decide to post your "look at me"... "I missed my flight going to work"....... "I was there first" .... "he took my toy" .... immature BS, then maybe next time plan your commute better, change your name to FirstGradeTerry, and change his avatar to him sucking a nipple.... then at least then we'd all understand where he was coming from.

Simple as that.

Angus obviously has his head in his dark area. First, you have not been around on this board to have any legitimate idea of who / what I am. Your profile reeks of BS. I think you are some kid playing on the PC after mom and da went to bed.
There is no amnesia...I gave details to a choice few personal freinds at AirNet who I trust will handle it diplomatically. Putting those details on this board would only start a witch hunt that would cause some innocent guys to get grief for something they did not do.
And BTW, I showed 1 & 1/2 hours prior dipstick! I commuted for YEARS and have a good system...and this WAS the backup flight after the earlier AWA flight was oversold. Perhaps you forgot where you came from...if you are even a pilot at all.

Thanks JetA. Still keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

328Dude, I second the opinion...good priorities. A man finds out pretty quickly in this job if he married the right girl. It looks like I am not the only one who lucked out. See you around.

Last edited:
acaTerry said:
Angus obviously has his head in his dark area. First, you have not been around on this board to have any legitimate idea of who / what I am. Your profile reeks of BS. I think you are some kid playing on the PC after mom and da went to bed.
There is no amnesia...I gave details to a choice few personal freinds at AirNet who I trust will handle it diplomatically. Putting those details on this board would only start a witch hunt that would cause some innocent guys to get grief for something they did not do.
And BTW, I showed 1 & 1/2 hours prior dipstick! I commuted for YEARS and have a good system...and this WAS the backup flight after the earlier AWA flight was oversold. Perhaps you forgot where you came from...if you are even a pilot at all.

Obviously my head isn't in a dark area as you suggest. You know NOTHING about me.... as it means NOTHING to the facts surrounding your immaturity in regards to jumpseating. Isn't it comical that when someone points out someone who behaved like a little child on the playground, that the immediate thing that comes to your mind is "Who are you?"...."I'm better than you".... "I've Piloted the Space Shuttle"......"... "Where's your mom and dad".... "I'm a immature little punk"...blah...blah...blah.

Your attempt at insult towards me proves my point quite well.... and I thank you.

Lets talk about your little "problem" here FirstGradeTerry:

You had no business posting this thread; you had no business going to your little friends at AirNet tattling on anothr Pilot; and you apparently aren't as "experienced" as you think... because you apperar to have NO idea how the whole jumpseat concept works. You are behaving like a small child in regards to this issue... and you need to shut your yapper up about it and move on, because its people like you who screw up the whole jumpseat process by taking you little temper tantrum out of the little brain of yours..... and b!tching about a Privilege... not a right.... jerk.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back