Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
smellthejeta said:
So Angus...

Tell me, does the stick up your @ss come with the ATP or the type rating?

No....... but when I started working for a Part 121 Carrier, we were educated on how to deal with jumpseating issues.

BTW - Its called a using proper channels.... like.... oh...... I don't know.... maybe a Jumpseat Committee Chairman, or a Jumpseat Coordinator......not starting internet threads titled "TO THE AIRNET PUNK WHO STOLE MY JUMPSEAT".

Tell you what kids.... since you seem to be ignorant on Part 135/121 Jumpseating Protocol (despite your cries about "experience"):rolleyes: ..... I will start a new thread on the topic.... PUNK.

Now now Angus,

I think you have missed the point here. This board exists to allow virtually anyone, (even me) who registers to express their views. Terry has done just that. Nothing more, nothing less. He has not violated any forum posting rules, hence his post is permissable. He has expressed his dissatisfaction with a fellow professional's handling of a "situation". He obviously has much experience in this environment, none I surmise, by choice. He is well aware that the seat is not his by right, rather priveledge. This does not excuse the lack of etiquette displayed by the usurper involved. We "professionals" extend common courtesy to each other, as a rule, when faced with just such a dilemna. This particular offender did not. The poster has since withdrawn his initial vitriol, having had time to reconsider, and has pursued other appropriate remedies. He is to be commended for this, not villified. Your response to his post falls somewhere between self righteous, and exceedingly defensive. Don't know why it struck such a nerve. Perhaps you do, and would care to elaborate. But puleeez, no quotes from the contract about "jumpseating policies and procedures".

"High five"........David P.

Jumpseating is a Privilege (albeit negotiated) but a privilege nonetheless. All 135/121 Companies that have recipricol jumpseat agreements have Jumpseat Coordinators or Committee Chaiman, or someone charged with that responsibility. If you have a LEGITIMATE complaint go through them. If you just want to vent... then fine... but DO NOT make a Jack*ss of yourself by posting a thread titled "To the Airnet Punk who stole my Jumpseat".... complete with company names and veiled threats. How absolutely moronic do you have to be to think this is appropriate??

This is not only immature, unprofessional, it is against the protocol of jumpseating... period. To defend this and do this is bordering on having problems with the people who are in charge of jumpseating at these various companies.

That particular thread that I reference should be copied and sent to all Jumpseat Reps and used as an example of what not to do.

I hope that this thread makes it to the Jumpseat Coordinator of his company and Airnet, as I believe an apology is owed, and the thread originator should be counselled on proper Jumpseat issue Protocol.

Folks.... don't ruin Jumpseating because you have a bad temper or use poor judgement....... or in this case BOTH, on the internet no less.

What's the problem with posting?

Was protocol broken? Did the system break down during the original jumpseat situation?

I would submit that the answers to both questions is "no."

If so, why would we want to copy this thread to our jumpseat coordinators, Angus? There is nothing for them to do; a person is stating his anger with a given situation. Should he be more professional or mature about it? Probably. So what?

If one cannot be disrespectful, immature and boorish on an internet board, I don't know where our nearly 20,000 members would look for entertainment...Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with venting.

Even if it makes you look like an idjit.

328dude said:
Just a side note though. Don't you love the people that always ask the same question "Do you fly the same routes?"

Just answer with "no, sometimes I'm cleared direct."

Hey Anga$$,
Obviously, you CAN'T work for a 121 carrier. An ops agent can only deny a jumpseat over CA's authority if it causes a W&B issue. Otherwise, CA's authority at all times.
ACATerry was there first, so by first come/first served, he should have gotten the seat. It was 'his', so to speak.
Sounds to me like he had backups in place, which were thrown out the window by some ops idiot who has never had to commute in the first place, now or never.
I've never had to commute myself (Thank god, I don't know how you guys do it but god bless ya!), but I know enough about it, and can guess that you've never done it either.

So here's my solution: go fly your Sikorski, and lose that good old jesus nut, you'd be doing us all a favor with that attitude of yours.

ACATerry, your welcome aboard my A/C anytime.

Rekks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back