Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To Skywest pilots: what's your problem with Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am too. The other bases complain that we don't say "hi" when we pass them by and give them the silent treatment. They do the same thing when I pass them and try to say "hi". I think it's an envious thing cause I know some of them want to come to SLC but can't or won't.

Oh Sh*t! I almost spit out some of my REAL BEER when I read that. How much of that poor crap did you have to drink to come up with that excuse?

If someone shows me a middle finger, it is because they are angry. Their middle finger does not make me angry, it amuses me.

You are angry, I am amused: you lose.

I am too. The other bases complain that we don't say "hi" when we pass them by and give them the silent treatment. They do the same thing when I pass them and try to say "hi". I think it's an envious thing cause I know some of them want to come to SLC but can't or won't.

This is the dumbest post in this thread. Why would anyone want to be in SLC unless you're a Joseph Smith Enthusiast (not that there's anything wrong with that). There are nicer cities out there; where you don't get ostracized from society if you don't think Joseph Smith is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

You can't deny that that SLC is the companies baby. We lost some Delta block hours, but instead of lines being reduced in SLC, they're reduced in DEN and ORD. Maybe it's us. Maybe we in the other bases are just a little tired of the Salt Lake-centric attitude.

I'm not Skywest, but I hate Mesaba. Crappy airline from a customer standpoint, unethical, and they train with pax on board. I've also seen them do some really bad flying. Just saying.

Well since your a "2nd generation corporate pilot" your mommy and/or daddy must not have been able to hack it in 121 flying either. I'd stay in the General Aviation forum. It's probally more your speed.

Last edited:
Why would anyone want to be in SLC unless you're a Joseph Smith Enthusiast (not that there's anything wrong with that).

http://www.alta.com/

There are nicer cities out there...

If you like to have a good job, do outdoorsie things, have them in very close proximity, and have a manageable cost of living for your trouble, there are very few.

...where you don't get ostracized from society if you don't think Joseph Smith is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I'm sorry if that's been your experience. Personally, I have a number of good friends that think that Budda is the best thing since sliced bread. Funny, they haven't mentioned being ostracized. I think it depends on your attitude as much as it does the locals'.

-Goose

-Colorado Springs
-Denver

Both are domiciles

Colorado has some incredible outdoorsie stuff. The really good skiing in SLC is closer. And cheaper. And less crowded.

But that's not the point. My point was that there are reasons other than religious to live in SLC. Out of my coworkers at SKW, I'd say that 50% are LDS. Out of that 50%, I'd say that 50% are practicing. So I suppose you could make the argument that 75% of the SLC domicile are being forced into living in SLC, but it would be an incredible stretch.

That's all I'm trying to say.

All I can say, is that I LOVE Goose egg!!!!!

Latest resources

Back