Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To Skywest pilots: what's your problem with Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
they are just mad becuse you didn't fight more for more pay,,,,after all, they do depend on us for their pay and work rules. I think the word is moocher? May be spelled wrong but you get the point.

they are just mad becuse you didn't fight more for more pay,,,,after all, they do depend on us for their pay and work rules. I think the word is moocher? May be spelled wrong but you get the point.

Interesting, since I make the same as them right now (same seat/equiptment) and will make more than them Dec.1st, with the next SnapBack.

I'm not Skywest, but I hate Mesaba. Crappy airline from a customer standpoint, unethical, and they train with pax on board. I've also seen them do some really bad flying. Just saying.

Don't worry, when XJ gets rid of the rest of the Saabs, you will have FOD all to yourself. I guess the total lack of airline service will hurt the town more than a Saab doing a go-around in MVFR. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
On a side note is there a way to put an end to Mesaba saying "Seeee Yaaaaaaaaaaa" every time they talk to ramp/ground/tower/departure? It makes you guys look like a bunch of retards.

Is that all you guys got? Where's the comment on how I must have got turned down by mesaba/commair/name your pft outfit? No skin off my nose if you shut down service at an airport, in fact that will ensure my job security, and I'll probably get a raise. Now, gear up.....shut up.

The History of "The Finger"

Before the Battle of Agincourt in 1415, the French, anticipating victory over the English, and proposed to cut off the middle finger of all captured English soldiers.

Without the middle finger it would be impossible to draw the renowned English longbow. English soldiers, therefore, would be incapable of fighting in the future.

This famous weapon was made of the native English Yew tree, and the act of drawing the longbow was known as "plucking the yew" (or "pluck yew"). Much to the bewilderment of the French, the English won a major upset and began mocking the French by waving their middle fingers at the defeated French, saying, "See, we can still pluck yew! "PLUCK YEW!" Since 'pluck yew' is rather difficult to say, the difficult consonant cluster at the beginning has gradually changed to a labiodental fricative 'F', and thus the words often used in conjunction with the one-finger-salute are mistakenly thought to have something to do with an intimate encounter.

It is also because of the pheasant feathers on the arrows used with the longbow that the symbolic gesture is known as "giving the bird".. And yew thought yew knew everything.

Before the Battle of Agincourt in 1415, the French, anticipating victory over the English, and proposed to cut off the middle finger of all captured English soldiers.

Without the middle finger it would be impossible to draw the renowned English longbow. English soldiers, therefore, would be incapable of fighting in the future.

This famous weapon was made of the native English Yew tree, and the act of drawing the longbow was known as "plucking the yew" (or "pluck yew"). Much to the bewilderment of the French, the English won a major upset and began mocking the French by waving their middle fingers at the defeated French, saying, "See, we can still pluck yew! "PLUCK YEW!" Since 'pluck yew' is rather difficult to say, the difficult consonant cluster at the beginning has gradually changed to a labiodental fricative 'F', and thus the words often used in conjunction with the one-finger-salute are mistakenly thought to have something to do with an intimate encounter.

It is also because of the pheasant feathers on the arrows used with the longbow that the symbolic gesture is known as "giving the bird".. And yew thought yew knew everything.

This is great!!

I'm gonna fact check it though!!!

Once had a Northwest DC9 FO flip us off during taxi in EWR. He thought we were going to try to cut them off, which wasn't the case. I couldn't believe it. Very professional.

Latest resources

Back