To all members in good standing of IBT Local 1108 that frequent Flightinfo.com:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been trying to stay on topic.

Your union president is acting like a used car salesman trying to shove something down your union throats by resorting to posting on message boards. I just used the example that I do care, have cared and always will care. I've stated for years about my involvement in the rulemaking process and why I'm so interested about the fracs. Do any of you even know how to look at the NPRM process? I doubt it...

Recently Published Rulemaking Documents

Subscribe to above page

Gee, that was hard to figure out. I bet the main reason that you "care" is so that your have your say so that companies aren't too bound by rules. Then they will be able to continue to exploit loopholes and push their pilots into the gray areas of the regs. I wouldn't argue with you that the IBT president shouldn't have to defend the TA, but I just find it too hard to agree with the likes of you.

SS, do you think they watch TV commercials, too...:erm:

Hey guys, setting the "mute button" allows one to ignore those posts that have no appeal. ;) Your TA is at the top of the list in current events to be discussed and I'd much rather hear what the Flt Ops pilots think about it. That's why I practice selective reading.

If some of the FO pilots or spouses are more comfortable sharing their thoughts privately, my mailbox is always open to you -- for discussion or just to lend an ear. :) NJW

I'm not hijacking threads.

It's amazing how you guys let this Sh!t for brains hijack threads no mater how important the subject.

I'm not hijacking threads. That's what NJW does to get her husband's message out.

I'm telling you that you have a piece of garbage TA that is being jammed down your through by the IBT president. That's the union way.

They didn't get it done (like I said they wouldn't) when they should have because they were too greedy.

Now it's the best they can do.. and he needs to "sell it".

That's the union way...

That's staying on point.

It's about the union screwing over your families.. the company and everybody involved.

The non-union fracs just keep chugging along...

Staying on point...

Recently Published Rulemaking Documents

Subscribe to above page

Gee, that was hard to figure out. I bet the main reason that you "care" is so that your have your say so that companies aren't too bound by rules. Then they will be able to continue to exploit loopholes and push their pilots into the gray areas of the regs. I wouldn't argue with you that the IBT president shouldn't have to defend the TA, but I just find it too hard to agree with the likes of you.

That's how you get FAA in 2010. That's not how it was done a decade ago. Now smarta$$.. go find the preambles and legal interpretations to support all of it. Also, while your at it.. go find the public comments and the DOT recommendations. Then, head into DC and fight for what's fair.

Speaking of which...

Your union president is jamming something down your throat because it's the union way. First you jam the union down the company's throat with all the promises that were made, now those promises of industry leading pay and work rules can't be matched.. so they want you to settle for less.

There wasn't a single pilot on this board three years ago that would have accepted a penny less than what NJA got and now your gonna get suckered...

The union is nothing more than a business and without a ratified TA there is no business....

I see your husband has allowed YOU off mute..

SS, do you think they watch TV commercials, too...:erm:

Hey guys, setting the "mute button" allows one to ignore those posts that have no appeal. ;) Your TA is at the top of the list in current events to be discussed and I'd much rather hear what the Flt Ops pilots think about it. That's why I practice selective reading.

If some of the FO pilots or spouses are more comfortable sharing their thoughts privately, my mailbox is always open to you -- for discussion or just to lend an ear. :) NJW

I see your husband has allowed YOU off mute..

Oh, for crying out loud. I work for a non-union frac. As I have stated on many occasions (sp?) I don't care for unions. HOWEVER, I do not believe that my opinions rule others. B19, you do not have the word. You do not know all the ins and outs of working at Flops, or my outfit. You don't know what it is like to spend night after night at hotels of uncertain quality. You don't know what it is like to have your career at risk twice each six months. You do not know what it is like to have to know, according to the manuals and the regs, everything pertaining to a flight that you have not flown before, because it is 135. You do not know what it is like to acquire and maintain a highly perishible skill while cultivating the attitude that will carry you through the inevitable problems that will occur while in flight.
In other words, YOU ARE NOT A PILOT. I have admired some of your posts, while I have fought you on others. Stop condenscending to us. We know who we are. You do not serve yourself or us well when you try to treat us as lesser beings. You make youself look smaller when you behave that way. I believe you have much to add to this conversation, but you are not one of us, and have no right to act as though you understand us. You do not.

With respect, Wacoflyr.

P.S. I don't want to work in a union shop, but I respect those who do.

Last edited:
Oh, for crying out loud. I work for a non-union frac. As I have stated on many occasions (sp?) I don't care for unions. HOWEVER, I do not believe that my opinions rule others. B19, you do not have the word. You do not know all the ins and outs of working at Flops, or my outfit. You don't know what it is like to spend night after night at hotels of uncertain quality. You don't know what it is like to have your career at risk twice each six months. You do not know what it is like to have to know, according to the manuals and the regs, everything pertaining to a flight that you have not flown before, because it is 135. You do not know what it is like to acquire and maintain a highly perishible skill while cultivating the attitude that will carry you through the inevitable problems that will occur while in flight.
In other words, YOU ARE NOT A PILOT. I have admired some of your posts, while I have fought you on others. Stop condenscending to us. We know who we are. You do not serve yourself or us well when you try to treat us as lesser beings. You make youself look smaller when you behave that way. I believe you have much to add to this conversation, but you are not one of us.

With respect, Wacoflyr.

P.S. I don't want to work in a union shop.

You are right, I am no longer a pilot so I no longer run the risk as you state above but do understand each and everything you state above even though it is a distant memory. Things were a lot different when I was able to fly and the technology wasn't quite the same as it is today. For example, using a cell phone to call the hotel for a shuttle ride didn't exist.

That being said, not once have I treated any pilot as a lesser being, but defending the non-union way of life is something I always will do because I've seen the damage from the inside out and the outside in. All I've done during my career is fight for what's right to keep pilots and passengers safe.

When I see the obvious (a union president defending his work on a public message board) I'm going to point it out.

And Yet....

you seem to take perverse pleasure is pissing pilots off! If you are trying to convince us, then why don't you state your arguments in terms that pilots will accept, instead of placing yourself outside of the realm of acceptance? You defeat yourself before you are even read. I happen to agree with some of what you say, but not your methods. You lose your argument because of your tone, regardless of whether you are correct in your facts. You sound like a polarized senator who has lost track of his argument because of his politics. I truly hope you learn to state things in a form that will gain your ideas more respect. I have to say, after all this time, that I don't expect it.

Wacoflyr

Last edited:
The Mighty Favog has spoken. There is nothing more to say except...

B19, Go spew your anti union drivel somewhere else. You don't have a dog in this fight, so your opinion matters to no one here. That's the truth, deal with it.

Latest resources

Back