• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To all CAL guys... from a furloughed pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SFR: It seems every CAL pilot gets flatspotted at some point. (Maybe all airline pilots do, but particuliarly CAL) You've just managed to do OK to this point. Down the road when the side gig gets bigger and more expensive, you've upgraded or put yourself in a tight seniority position, and the stakes get little higher this will count. Trust me. It will happen. CAL mgt knows better than any other that they only need 51% to pass a contract. I hope you don't get pinched, but a lot of us have. Hang with us and let's get a good deal. It does sound like you're up for that so we've got no problem.

Absolutely, I vote yes for only the best contract we can get.

Other than that, management can go fly a kite.

You can count on me for that!

I knew things were going to go bad at CAL, but I had no idea things would get this bad over there. I feel sorry for the guys geting furloughed and for everyone else who has to work for that terrible contract.

I think management knows that they can do whatever they want to the pilots because CALALPA will not ever fight back. That is why we at XJT separated from CALALPA in the first place. Otherwise we would have the same crappy contract as the CAL pilots.

If it's any consolation, things are not great here at ExpressJet either. We are furloughing some of the rookies, but they will be back soon. At least I still hold the left seat for now. I honestly could not even imagine going back to jerking gear here at this place. I don't do walkarounds either ;-) LOL

Until they DO renegotiate a better contract or merge and turn things around...which they will...then it will be the DUMBEST move you ever made. But you won't be there to even see it.
Did you run the numbers over your entire time at CAL or just look at the first 12 months?......

It included many factors not just my "TIME" at continental. The first ten years was all I needed to know and thus made my decision. MY decision..... Now with age 65 and shrinking capacity Im even more comfortable with my position.

I know CAL will get a better deal in the future, they certainly deserve it. My personal situation couldnt rely on "someday" and "maybe" starting at the bottom of the list AGAIN (4th time) was a no-brainer with the first 5 yrs pay and no insurance and a newborn.

Dont get me wrong, there are many fine people at CAL. I have friends there and wish them all left seats $350k a yr and 25 days off a month, I just didnt have the time to wait, or the faith that it would happen any time soon.

Believe me, no matter how it turns out, this is far from the dumbest move Ive ever made. ;-)

I knew things were going to go bad at CAL, but I had no idea things would get this bad over there. I feel sorry for the guys geting furloughed and for everyone else who has to work for that terrible contract.

I think management knows that they can do whatever they want to the pilots because CALALPA will not ever fight back. That is why we at XJT separated from CALALPA in the first place. Otherwise we would have the same crappy contract as the CAL pilots.

If it's any consolation, things are not great here at ExpressJet either. We are furloughing some of the rookies, but they will be back soon. At least I still hold the left seat for now. I honestly could not even imagine going back to jerking gear here at this place. I don't do walkarounds either ;-) LOL

I always made it a point to do at least one walk around per trip, sometimes one per day on the busy days. Helped remind me where I came from and my FOs always appreciated the gesture.

How many doctors and lawyers do you know? I know a lot....they don't work 10 days or less a month..whic here you can by living in base.

Choices my friend......stay or quit, either way....quit whining.

I know lots of lawyers. I have 2 doctors on my block. I've stayed in this industry, for 20 years. I may be whining in your book, but some of us want to make it better. I'll complain as much as damn well please, if you don't like, your in the wrong place junior. Go take another swig of company kool-aid.

As a fellow XJTer I am embarrassed that you are on the same seniority list as I am. Most of the guys that wrote and fought for our current contract are at CAL now you idiot and you would be too if they didn't turn you down. Good luck to all the CAL guys, I heard recently that CAL management tried to give back crew meals in exchange for scope haha.

Does anyone on this forum NOT consider Pokemyhole a troll? No one takes this person seriously.

It's so funny listening to people bitch about CAL that aren't here. There's a lot to improve, but I don't know of ANY major out there that doesn't need BIG improvements. As far as the furloughs go, it sucks and I can't identify with you. But you'll come back to a far better contract or I'll resign and you'll move up one number.

Last edited:
REWARD. $45000/year should be a starting point.

Fractional pay first year is 70k year base.... problem is too many of you all have hard ons for a 757??? I will never get it?

Oh yeah.. you only need 2500 hours to apply

(this is my sign of the beast post)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back