Time for another lame airline vs. airline thread, this time SKW vs. Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yawn... Can't we at least start another XJ vs. 9E battle? :p

(sorry - I'm on the nicotine too early in the morning.)

I'm going to have put in a mandatory "BYU sucks" and to answer your question ...SkyWest.

I can just hear now the Eagle interviewer asking where this prospective new hire see's himself in 5 years, and he says, well hopefully upgrade in 3 or 4 years, get my 1000 hours PIC and in about 5 years I'll get the heck out of here to a place where I can make a career!

As long as the answer didn't go...I hope to be a Captain at Skywest with 3-4 years of Captain experience under my belt. Probably wouldn't help the Eagle interview.

No offense, but any regional is a good regional when you're a hungry CFI.

Well, not when you're trying for 1,300/mo. Heck, I'm making at least that much every 2 wks as a CFI. I know we all have to pay our dues, but it seems a little out of place these days for people with the required mins (that have already paid their dues perhaps??)

I have heard the Skywest FA's are hotter than Eagle FA's. Go for Skywest.
They are much hotter at SKW, at Eagle if I am not flying with a man loving dude, I am flying with his grandma.

i was in a similar situation a few years ago....

take the skywest job if you have a choice. while things are far from perfect here, I was making 'ok' money (by crappy regional standards....ok, very crappy regional standards) my second year in SLC holding 2 days and locals. much easier idea to sell to the cougar girl friend than commuting to ORD....
with flow and such that commute is not as easy as it looks...

skywest has no forced junior manning as well, your days off are your days off...

there are a lot of first year FO's who pick up some extra trips for 1 1/2 or double pay...pretty easy to make up the extra 400/500$$

i know of at least 5 guys who made the jump from eagle to skywest this past year...

and if PIC time and a move on is what you want, can't beat the 1 yearish upgrade. it may not last, but in this market is sure looks like it will stay. it has been inside two years in my four years here..

PM if you have questions......

Last edited:
I have heard the Skywest FA's are hotter than Eagle FA's. Go for Skywest.

Hitched a ride on 2 SKW flights yesterday. 3 out of 4 were hot...even the one that was obviously over 40. The other was doable after a couple shots. That's quality.

Why, hello, Satan...yes, yes I did indirectly mention sexual relations and drinking in the Mormon kid's thread. Here are my tickets...window seat, please.

Last edited:
Well, not when you're trying for 1,300/mo. Heck, I'm making at least that much every 2 wks as a CFI. I know we all have to pay our dues, but it seems a little out of place these days for people with the required mins (that have already paid their dues perhaps??)

Those were exactly my thoughts when reading this thread. There is a good chance one could beat first year FO pay at both these joints as a CFI. I don't know where you live, but I live in the Southeast where cost of living is considered cheap and there's no way you could stay on the black on $1400 gross a month. You would have to get subsidized in some form or another. Or get a second job. I'm all about living within one's means, but d$mn....

That said, I guess hold out for Skywest if you're gonna go thru with it, I don't care how optimistic things get painted for you at Eagle, the projection for the next 2-3 years will not change dramatically between these two companies regarding upgrade, so that should be easy math for you. Don't quit that CFI job if I were you. Good luck brother.

Why, hello, Satan...yes, yes I did indirectly mention sexual relations and drinking in the Mormon kid's thread. Here are my tickets...window seat, please.

Oh so priceless. Would that be the direct, non-stop to a world of pain?
All right, it's f$%king zero. Are you happy, you crazy f$%k?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back