• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tilton badly wants his payoff!! UA-USair combo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yah but the trains are backing into each other so the "engineers" can quietly slip away from the wreckage with their pockets full....

If you think the acrimony was bad during the first attempt to combine UAL and U, wait until this new USAPA comes in and tries to dictate seniority terms to UAL ALPA with the AWA guys siding with UAL.

It'll probably be the second case of that new piece of crap seniority integration law being challenged in court.

Of course Tilton doesn't care because his objective wasn't to make a viable airline in the first place.

Had they stayed away, U would have certainly flopped with a big *THUD*. Now, their best move is to rebuff UA and watch them roll inverted and spin into the terrain. By merging all they'd be doing is taking a seat in first class for the ride down.

Yeah, If Parker goes ahead with this, I sure hope he has a better plan than Tilton......

Otherwise, I believe your post to be dead on.

If you think the acrimony was bad during the first attempt to combine UAL and U, wait until this new USAPA comes in and tries to dictate seniority terms to UAL ALPA with the AWA guys siding with UAL.

Seriously? I doubt the USAPA folks would ever get past the front door.

Seriously? I doubt the USAPA folks would ever get past the front door.

Possibly he meant that the east will behave even worse when they get the smackdown you speak of? I don't think he was serious, I don't think anyone with half a brain would seriously think usapa is going to dictate anything to Ual guys and gals.

Last edited:
Possibly he meant that the east will behave even worse when they get the smackdown you speak of? I don't think he was serious, I don't think anyone with half a brain would seriously think usapa is going to dictate anything to Ual guys and gals.

Well, if you apply common sense, then I would agree.

The reality is, the self appointed leadership at USAPA thinks they are gods gift to aviation and the rest of us are rookies. Well at least the AWA pilots.

They will walk into negotiations demanding DOH, with restrictions. Acting like they are doing the UAL guys a favor.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back