Tierd of it all? I am....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wow, had forgotten this one....awesome, i'm so jealous

with the recent sh** around the industry, I would give my left n*t to do that!!

For all those hoping age 60 is reneged, i say congrats and enjoy another 5 years of this stuff...

Rich gringo go's down to Cabo and rents a fishing boat from a local Mexican dude. gingo asks the mexican what he does in his spare time while he's not renting his boat out and fishing. He says it's a meager living but he takes a siesta every afternoon with his wife, has a couple of beers, and plays with his kids. Mexican asks what he does in his spare time. Gringo says I don't have much spare time because I work alot to make my money, I come down here once a year to relax. Gringo asks the Mexican if he wants to make alot of money so he does'nt have to rent his boat out and retire one day with alot of money. Oh I don't know, what do you want to do when you retire? Gringo replies, I'd like to get a fishing boat and take a siesta with my wife every afternoon.

Sorry for the mispelling and poor english, I'm pretty much drunk at this point.
Thanks, front office.

Bump to the top...one of the nice FI threads.

FedEx needed this info for opening our Hong Kong Base!

Whine Lover,

We needed this info (see below) for negotiating our Hong Kong domicile. No wait -- we told the company all of this stuff and they refused to acknowledge any of it.

The pilot group voted in a substandard Letter of Agreement because of "Take it or Leave it" threats from the company.

If we had any stones, the entire pilot group would not bid any of the seats in HKG or CDG. The company would then be forced to staff all the F/O and CAP seats in both places with new hires.

Will this happen? Time will tell.

Thanks for telling us how the other half lives overseas!

>Yup.
>
>He did it for few years and then went off on a one >year contract in China to pick up a few hundred >grand flying an airbus for a Chinese upstart.
>
>He's in Shanghai waiting to get trained....In the >meantime he has a company paid furnished >apartment, a company car WITH DRIVER, full >Captain's pay and benefits,etc.
>
>Oh...and all the above is still supplied after >training. Your Driver chauffeurs you back and forth >to work your trips as necessary. If you have kids >they pay for private school, and the Wife gets to >pick the furniture for the condo/apt. and they pay >for it.
>
>I have a lot of pictures from his sailing adventures >( complete with many breastages and beers)...as >well as the most recent photo of his Chinese >washing machine which he has yet been able to >translate the buttons and do his wash properly.

Start the new year right

For those of you that want to know.... I have been out on the pacific ocean for the past few months.

I will be updating this post within the next few days. Heading to the carribean for a nice summer. I will be putting together a link so you can see what we have been upto.

Sorry, if any of you show up in the pics, but, but, but ##it happens....

I have had several people join me on a leg or two. What a blast !!!

TTY soon....

I will have internet on the boat soon...
Hurry with the update, it's snowing here.

Well...The Story of our intrepid hero becomes a bit frightening Kids. Sit back and hear the scary tale from the Ol' Captain...

It was snowing so hard that night that Santa had to ask Rudolph "Won't you guide my..."

Wait wrong story...

O.K. ...Short version.:

We last left our hero in Shanghai. After many months of being unable to run his Chinese washing machine and/or order a decent meal due to the language barrier ( as well as pay checks becoming somewhat sporadic from his Chinese upstart Airline Employer) our Man decided to split Stateside pronto.

Having sold his Boat and other posessions he hung out at his Fathers place for a short while...and then succumbed to the ADDICTION once again.

He is now flying 747's for a cargo outfit to....you guessed it, China among other places.

Airplanes, Women, Meth and Heroin...Why are all the fun things so dangerous?

Yet so deliciously FUN.

I believe he is looking for a new boat as we speak.

YKW

Last edited:
Just thought I would say Hello and smile....

Yes, I am back in the USA. Glad to see the Airline Biz is still "Colorful" as ever. It was great to see hear from a lot of you guys/gals out there. It was fun reading the emails. (That was until the wave soaked my computer, cell phone and camera), but who cares.

Yes, I sold the 40' er and looking at something a bit bigger. At one point we had 8 people on that thing, what a blast.

Now, its time to get a new boat on the east coast and do some Caribbean cruising.

On a sad note:

Yes, I had to do it, I had to get myself a job, was having a bit too much fun.

Thanks to all of you again. Tune in next time for my Caribbean journey.

PS. Shanghai is NOT Hong Kong !!! But a 3 hour massage for $20 US ain't to bad. lol

Yes, I am back in the USA. Glad to see the Airline Biz is still "Colorful" as ever. It was great to see hear from a lot of you guys/gals out there. It was fun reading the emails. (That was until the wave soaked my computer, cell phone and camera), but who cares.

Yes, I sold the 40' er and looking at something a bit bigger. At one point we had 8 people on that thing, what a blast.

Now, its time to get a new boat on the east coast and do some Caribbean cruising.

On a sad note:

Yes, I had to do it, I had to get myself a job, was having a bit too much fun.

Thanks to all of you again. Tune in next time for my Caribbean journey.

PS. Shanghai is NOT Hong Kong !!! But a 3 hour massage for $20 US ain't to bad. lol

AWESOME! Great to hear an update! You really did it! Have fun! :beer:

Latest resources

Back