• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tierd of it all? I am....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a fan of the Catalina as well. Real beamy and well thought out design.
I'd like to be in the "bow thruster" range of purchasing.

Here's a 470 4-sale.
http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/16639

This thread should be moved to the front of the line, from time to time!

that's a good price for a 2000 470 with that equipment, surprised it isn't sold already (unless this is an old listing and it IS gone)

Teachers are at fault?

I'm sure when the public blames pilot unions for the demise of every bankrupt airline you get right behind them and chant no more unions.

I have a childhood friend who is a high school teacher now. She screamed and yelled that it was BS for the Spirit pilots to strike, stranding PAYING passengers.
I just want to call her and tell her it's BS that teachers are striking and kids are missing out on an education.

I have a childhood friend who is a high school teacher now. She screamed and yelled that it was BS for the Spirit pilots to strike, stranding PAYING passengers.
I just want to call her and tell her it's BS that teachers are striking and kids are missing out on an education.

I have two cousins and a brother in law who are teachers and they fully supported our right to strike against Midwest airlines ops back in 2000.

So what's the point your trying to make?

Was it un-patriotic or greedy for the Spirit pilots to negotiate a fair wage?

I am Certain if you were to meet a Spirit pilot you would not condemn them for striking. Or would you?

Last edited:
I have two cousins and a brother in law who are teachers and they fully supported our right to strike against Midwest airlines ops back in 2000.

So what's the point your trying to make?

Was it un-patriotic or greedy for the Spirit pilots to negotiate a fair wage?

I am Certain if you were to meet a Spirit pilot you would not condemn them for striking. Or would you?

I'm having trouble seeing where he said something to indicate that he might not support the Spirit pilots. Could you help me by pointing out where he did?

Thanks

I'm having trouble seeing where he said something to indicate that he might not support the Spirit pilots. Could you help me by pointing out where he did?

Thanks

All I'm asking is why the double standard, the hypocrisy? Why are Pilot unions any different than teacher unions?

You can start with private money (voluntary) vs. public public money (involuntary)...

EXACTLY!! We work for companies that HAVE TO make money or we lose our jobs. That's the risk we take. If the economy takes a dump and people still spend 100 dollars for a ticket to a basketball game, but not to shcool fund drives then we all are to blame, but teachers should not automatically get to keep their current pay. Do airlines furlough? Of course. Should teachers take a pay or benefit cut? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Farkin Awesome.

Be sure and mount a 50cal on that puppy before venturing too far (pirates are very real) and bring every Hunter Thompson novel with you.

Have fun.

Thats the first thing that came to my mind. The 50c would just be the start of what was loaded on the boat. Any good tactical shop should have all your needs, it a must before you go :)

Latest resources

Back