• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thud

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All great books (although Duke's doesn't read the same after his little fiasco). One other I'd highly recommend is "My Secret War" by Richard Drury. It's about flying A-1 Skyraiders out of Laos as a FAC as well as providing cover for downed pilot rescues. Awesome. Someone told me he just retired from Fedex recently. I wish I had a chance to fly w/ him.

if you like A-1's check out Cheating Death by a dude last name of Marrett. . harry sh##t

This thread has inspired me to finally start reading When Thunder Rolled, which I've had for a long time. It's an awesome book, hard to put down. And check this out, I've got my pre order in, can't wait for this...http://www.amazon.com/Fighter-Pilot...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266371159&sr=1-1

Good one! I'm gonna order that one next... The part that I enjoy is that all of these guys flew together or had some kind of contact at some point. This gives you a big picture of what's going on by assembling their stories like pieces of a puzzle. Good reads, all of them.

A Lonely Mans War. OV-10 Driver's perspective. Great read, fast paced. The guy also doesn't bog you down explaining lingo and basic tactics. So for guys who understand or "been there, done that", it a great book that you will not put down.

Latest resources

Back