• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thud

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is an awesome site! I've been living in the "F105 cinema" watching movies. I just read "When Thunder Rolled" by Ed Rasimus and it really drew me into the Vietnam era combat theatre. Now I crave every book written about it. These guys were legends!

It is an awesome site! I've been living in the "F105 cinema" watching movies. I just read "When Thunder Rolled" by Ed Rasimus and it really drew me into the Vietnam era combat theatre. Now I crave every book written about it. These guys were legends!

Just finished that book as well, awesome!!! Thud Ridge is next on my list, I hear it's just as good. Ed Rasimus also has another book (Palace Cobra) about his time flying the F-4 in Vietnam if your interested.

Thanks for the website, those guys are must have had a special compartment for their balls!

Ed is an acquaintance of mine, I bought "When Thunder Rolled" and had him autograph it, as a gift to a friend of mine who flies for the 150th FW Tacos.

His book he is finishing up now is about Robin Olds.

Those men are my childhood heroes...I get choked up everytime I watch the videos with Karl Richter. Only 24 years old when we lost him...A great American, A great fighter pilot that will live on in the hearts of us all that understand the sacrifice of our nations warriors.

Ed is an acquaintance of mine, I bought "When Thunder Rolled" and had him autograph it, as a gift to a friend of mine who flies for the 150th FW Tacos.

His book he is finishing up now is about Robin Olds.

Great gift idea. Palace Cobra is next on my list.

Reading Flying through Midnight by John Halliday right now. It's a C-123's pilots account of a his time in the Vietnam. Half way through and would suggest it to anyone...good stuff.

The Vietnam era has a special place in my heart. I really enjoyed Air War Vietnam bt Frank Harvey. It's a collection of short stories on various aircraft types and their missions. One of my greatest heroes, my dad, is even in one of the stories!

And the overall grade for that site, (next slide please)

......OUTSTANDING......

Thud Ridge is an excellent book! I grew up next door to an ex 105 driver. His stories were amazing. I will have to check out "When Thunder Rolled." Thanks for the link!

Thud Ridge is an excellent book! I grew up next door to an ex 105 driver. His stories were amazing. I will have to check out "When Thunder Rolled." Thanks for the link!
"Going Downtown" is another good one by Jack Broughton. (if you can find it)

Latest resources

Back