Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Three Insugents Killed (300 More Created)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KarmaPolice

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4577578.stm

This is a prime example of why the situation in Iraq is where it's at. This is not a slight to the men and women on the ground and in the air who do their jobs heroically. But is it too difficult for the policy makers to see how operations such as this are going to cause more problems than they solve in the long run?

It's hard for me to understand how anybody can see Operation Iraqi Freedom as a success anymore, considering the price. I'd be interested to see what the folks here have to say about this. Anybody realizing the emporer has no clothes?

Last edited:
KarmaPolice said:

This is a prime example of why the situation in Iraq is where it's at. This is not a slight to the men and women on the ground and in the air who do their jobs heroically. But is it too difficult for the policy makers to see how operations such as this are going to cause more problems than they solve in the long run?

It's hard for me to understand how anybody can see Operation Iraqi Freedom as a success anymore, considering the price. I'd be interested to see what the folks here have to say about this. Anybody realising the emporer has no clothes?

KP - You sorry A** imposter. Take your crap to the Non-aviation board and quit trying to stir up the military board. I'm not sure where you came up with your profile, but it needs some work. And we spell "realise" with a "z" on this side of the Atlantic.

Deuce130 said:
KP - You sorry A** imposter. Take your crap to the Non-aviation board and quit trying to stir up the military board. I'm not sure where you came up with your profile, but it needs some work. And we spell "realise" with a "z" on this side of the Atlantic.

Not an imposter there bubba, just wondering what fellow aviators here have to say about this situation... I can guess what you would have to say about it though. Thanks for the spellcheck at least.

KarmaPolice said:
Not an imposter there bubba, just wondering what fellow aviators here have to say about this situation... I can guess what you would have to say about it though. Thanks for the spellcheck at least.

Don't thank me, I see you changed it on your own. Still, I think your politically charged posts are more appropriate for the non-aviation board. The vast majority of military members support what we are doing over there. Any facts to back up your assertion each insurgent killed produces 300 more? If so, then I recommed you post them. On the non-aviation board.

KarmaPolice said:

It's hard for me to understand how anybody can see Operation Iraqi Freedom as a success anymore, considering the price. I'd be interested to see what the folks here have to say about this. Anybody realizing the emporer has no clothes?
Your logic is flawed. Insurgents kill WAY more Iraqi civilians than stray coalition bombs. So using your opinion, shouldn't we actually be GAINING support for the war???

You need to stop listening to this liberal diarrhea of the mouth you see on TV. Every single Marine and soldier I know that has come back from Iraq wants to freaking vomit when they watch the news. One Marine from my old unit lost both legs to an IED and would go back tomorrow if he could.

If your profile is correct, that means you have a dog in this fight and you are a "warrior," so quit being a pu$$y and undermining the effort.

Deuce130 said:
Don't thank me, I see you changed it on your own. Still, I think your politically charged posts are more appropriate for the non-aviation board. The vast majority of military members support what we are doing over there. Any facts to back up your assertion each insurgent killed produces 300 more? If so, then I recommed you post them. On the non-aviation board.
There isn't any way to know exactly how many insurgents are created every time innocent bystanders are killed by actions like these, but the point is, a lot more than we kill. Don't you ever wonder if this is effective or right?

And I say we, not that I literally push the button to drop the bombs, but because I am flying over Iraq every month and am a part of this situation. So I think this board is a perfect place to comment with other aviators on what is going on below us.

Last edited:
MarineGrunt said:
Your logic is flawed. Insurgents kill WAY more Iraqi civilians than stray coalition bombs. So using your opinion, shouldn't we actually be GAINING support for the war???

You need to stop listening to this liberal diarrhea of the mouth you see on TV. Every single Marine and soldier I know that has come back from Iraq wants to freaking vomit when they watch the news. One Marine from my old unit lost both legs to an IED and would go back tomorrow if he could.

If your profile is correct, that means you have a dog in this fight and you are a "warrior," so quit being a pu$$y and undermining the effort.
Being a pu$$ie = wondering if our strategy is working? hmmm And you used the word logic? I hardly believe talking about whether our strategy is effective or right is "undermining the war effort".

Furthermore, the bomb wasn't a stray one. I don't even know how to approach your hypothetical about insurgents killing their own people. That has nothing to do with my question.

I have no doubt marines love what they are doing I talk to them every time I fly them out of Iraq. Thats not at all the issue I was raising.

Last edited:
KarmaPolice said:
Being a ************************* = wondering if our strategy is working? hmmm And you used the word logic? I hardly believe talking about whether our strategy is effective or right is "undermining the war effort".

I have no doubt marines love what they are doing I talk to them every time I fly them out of Iraq. Thats not at all the issue I was raising.
It seemed to me that you were using this article to form your opinion on how the war is going. Maybe thats the case maybe not. It really touches a nerve with me when people read/watch the daily news and repeat everything like a parrot. And yes, it undermines the effort, at least in this grunts opinion.

MarineGrunt said:
It seemed to me that you were using this article to form your opinion on how the war is going. Maybe thats the case maybe not. It really touches a nerve with me when people read/watch the daily news and repeat everything like a parrot. And yes, it undermines the effort, at least in this grunts opinion.
Jump to whatever conclusion you need to that suits your preconcieved notion of anyone who utters anything contradictory to your viewpoint MG.

I'd be interested to hear how a thread on FI.com about the logic of some of our Iraq policies is going to undermine the war effort. THAT kind of attitude smacks of Facism and Authoritarianism, the very kind of attitude that was employed in the previous Iraqi regime. Kind of ironic.

Latest resources

Back