• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

This will have a negative impact on affirmative action hiring at the majors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That needs to be tempered by having the best minority pilots on the flight deck and giving them FARE chance to sucseed.

Am I missing something? Have you intentionally misspelled "fair" in all of your posts? I'm just wondering if FARE is an acronym or something that I am unaware of.

That needs to be tempered by having the best minority pilots on the flight deck and giving them FARE chance to sucseed.

I think it's a great ruling. It shows just how far reverse discrimination has come, and I'm proud of the white firefighters for arguing and winning the case. It sheds light on the racism endorsed by the current administration.

It also allows others to show their grammar and spelling skills.

I don't know, seems like our current POTUS did OK and to my knowledge there is no affirmative action for that job.

Jet

How else will minorities get to sucseed if they are not afforded special favors with regards too hiring?

You mean by actually having to study hard and work hard instead of having quotas to "help" them? Discrimination of any form is wrong, and that includes reverse discrimination!!!

For the record, I am one minority who agrees with the Supreme Court decision. It simply came down to the fact that the White and Hispanic candidates scored better on a written test. I have no idea what "special favors" Brown is referring to.

Justice Ginsberg's dissent was full of mumbo-jumbo about 1972, and the "long shadow" of discrimination in the fire department. While certainly nepotism, political patronage, and union membership have been (and are) used to exclude minorities, this case was simply about a written test.

Honestly Brown, I wish you would not have started this thread if you are going to spell words such as "sucseed" and "fare." There may well be a place for intelligent discussion on this subject, but you aren't the flag bearer. Your posts are a caricature of the very problem you're complaining about.

Latest resources

Back