• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

This will have a negative impact on affirmative action hiring at the majors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I cannot believe this is true. I think you are referring to how many of her rulings that get overturned on appeal where her score is now (if memory serves correstly) 4 of 6 being overturned. But she is still in the neighborhood of having 98-99% of her rulings stand. I think that it is good thing for any judge to have so few cases successfully appealed. In contrast, the 9th Court of Appeals had 85% of their appealed cases overturned. I bet if you broke that down by individual jusges, you would find many in the 9th with higher overturn on appeal rates than 67%.

No previous Supreme Court nominee has had as many decisions reversed AT the Supreme Court. She will be confirmed but she was clearly chosen for attributes aside from judicial qualification. Not saying it hasn't happened before, but I thought this administration would bring "change."

That needs to be tempered by having the best minority pilots on the flight deck and giving them FARE chance to sucseed.

How else will minorities get to sucseed if they are not afforded special favors with regards too hiring?

Wow!

I think Brown is quickly becoming the poster child for why affirmative action is the wrong course. Best, Smartest, Most Qualified, Regardless of Race or Ethnic Background.

No previous Supreme Court nominee has had as many decisions reversed AT the Supreme Court. She will be confirmed but she was clearly chosen for attributes aside from judicial qualification. Not saying it hasn't happened before, but I thought this administration would bring "change."

Sotomayor is clearly biased. Her appointment is a disapointment. Being a double minority was her meal ticket to the SC. Shameful.

Maybe instructorTOOL is 1/4 Cherokee or something. My apologies to any of our Native American brothers for associating instructorTOOL with you.

Acutally I'm one/eighth but I never needed it because I had super skillss.

You sir are a racist!

Please don't feed the trolls.

It simply came down to the fact that the White and Hispanic candidates scored better on a written test.
.............this case was simply about a written test.
In the interest of accuracy, the test scores were 60% written and 40% oral. Each oral exam board was comprissed of one white, one hispanic, and one black evaluator from outside of Connecticutt.

Had they based the list order on the Bridgeport system (40% written and 60% oral, the results for the Captain exam would still have made 8 whites and 1 hispanic eligible for consideration. Had they used only the oral exam would have made 7 whites and 1 black eligible. On the Lietenants exam, both the Bridgeport method and 100% oral would have resulted in 8 whites and 2 blacks being eligible. In fact, the top score on the oral exam was for a black candidate who happened to have failed the written exam.

Latest resources

Back